News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Deadline Extension?

Started by Alex Smiley, May 27, 2018, 12:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

After having a couple conversations with people, I'm looking at the possibility of extending the deadline 24 hours, so that those who have been struggling to post due to the holiday weekend can do so. But, I need you guys' thoughts on this. Those whose matches are fully posted for are not affected by this, but the fact is there are four matches not locked in and three matches with zero roleplays. So, two questions that I could use a response for ASAP:

1) How beneficial would an extra 24 hours be to those who haven't RPed?

2) For those who have RPed and are a part of the matches I mentioned, are you okay with me extending the deadline? Keep in mind I will take the fact you posted before initial deadline in mind when judging the matches.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

T-Bonizzle

MasonDaniels

I am actually finishing mine up right now and just need to code it. I am okay with a 24 hour deadline. I feel for a show of this magnitude, the rping period was a little short to begin with, but we also all agreed to it. So to me, whether the deadline is extended or not, I am good to go.

Adam Wrong

I'll be finishing mine tonight so if it helpful to you I'm good

Jose The Law Ramon

It doesn't effect me all that much, but 24 hrs seems like plenty to add. Nothing more than that though.

Russ

Normally I'd be dead against it, deadline is deadline, but as it's a one off reunion I think it would nice to have as many role plays as possible and I hear it's a holiday over in Yankville so that may play a role. I think the real question is to those who've posted - would you be happy to lose to someone who posted late?

And for those who post late, to have a legit excuse you have to beat being a full time doctor with a surgical on-call last weekend, plus dating, plus training for a half marathon three evenings a week 😉.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Russ on May 27, 2018, 12:56:15 PM
Normally I'd be dead against it, deadline is deadline, but as it's a one off reunion I think it would nice to have as many role plays as possible and I hear it's a holiday over in Yankville so that may play a role. I think the real question is to those who've posted - would you be happy to lose to someone who posted late?

That's the main concern I had with even entertaining the notion: from a competitive aspect, I can understand frustration for those who RPed by now. That's why I'm keeping that in mind when judging, and I personally am hoping that will be okay with folks...because the flip side of this is, I really just want to see what everyone's bringing to the table, especially as this particular show is meant as a reunion haha.

Jose The Law Ramon

To be fair Russ, you could always do this even when you were still in school before doing the Doctor thing. You're kinda the outlier :)

Tezmission Black

Rebel Child

I'm okay with you extending the deadline by 24 hours, it's not a bad thing at all to do so.  I mean after all we're attempting to do something of epic proportions and it is indeed Memorial Day weekend.  Which I did kind of point out before :P 

Just saying.

But I do believe that twenty four hours and no more is a perfectly reasonable amount of time.

Mark Mania

It's fine with me if you want to extend the deadline. Everyone always has something going on. I'm sure people that have posted an RP and their opponent(s) haven't wouldn't want to win like that anyways. Hopefully the extra time gets more RP's.

But I agree with Russ, you better have a good excuse. I've got a 6 month old baby at home and a dog that needs a two hour walk every night.

Snap

I could definitely use the extension.

Alex Smiley

Thanks to everyone for contributing to the conversation! I'll go ahead and extend the deadline to tomorrow: Monday, May 28 at 11:59PM Eastern. I'll make sure to send a message to those that haven't posted here, so they're aware. Thanks again, looking forward to the last batch of RPs! :D

Dorling

It's all for fun and a lot of work is being put in. Whatever means maximum participation.

Strike

I'm about 7/8ths of the way done with mine so I'll still try to get it put up tonight, but the extension is helpful in case some weird ish happens.

Thanks guys!