News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

If My Topics Are So Terrible Then What is A Good/Great Topic By Your Standards?

Started by Jon Tees, August 12, 2013, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

He said he was stepping back for a bit. I don't recall him saying he was leaving, never to return.

Mike Powers

From his "Goodbye" posting....

QuoteYour insults, disrespect and outlandish false accusations have made it abundantly clear to me that I'm not wanted here. Sometimes in life you do get what you wanted and this is one of those times congratulations. If you enjoyed my contributions you'll probably view this as bad news if you didn't it's either good news or you could care less. Other than occasionally using this place as an e-wrestling resource site I won't be using it very much at all.

Peace.

QuoteI was basically accused of something and when I proceeded to truthfully defend myself was called a liar in not so many words (who wouldn't take offense to this?). This on top of some of the other things I alluded to made me feel stepping back/away from this place for the time being was warranted. But to cover my bases I mentioned that you might see me around from time to time (then again you might not) albeit likely not as often as you do now. This is the last I will comment on this matter as I have said all that I need to say.

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

I Am The Walrus

Quote from: Mr. Tees on August 12, 2013, 02:05:57 PM
I try and create thought provoking, engaging, entertaining and informative topics
http://www.efedknights.com/boards/index.php?topic=17717.0

Okay, I'm willing to hear you out. In what ways does say ... this topic meet that criteria? This just seems like either A. An excuse to post a picture you found amusing for some unknown reason
B. Do the same chastising you tend to do of anyone who doesn't fit into your narrow minded bubble, this time for something completely superficial such as their physical appearance. I'd say the backpack topic fits into that same vein.

That's not informative, it's not a great secret that there are plenty of people who don't go to the gym. 

Quotethe large majority of people see them as they are
Where exactly is the evidence to back this up? I would wager that even the vast majority of people who have tried to reply earnestly to one of your topics have either grown sick of them by now, or have just had to call "enough" on one of your particularly ridiculous ones.

Quotebut there is a small yet vocal minority that thinks that the topics that I create are absolutely horrible.
Really? You're using Vince Mcmahon lines that he feeds to his announcers when something doesn't get the crowd reaction he wants now?

QuoteIf my topics are so awful  then what would it take to create a topic that you'd view as good/great?
It's not a competition to create a "great" topic. Following some basic discussion board etiquette like the examples people have cited would be swell though.

QuoteAnd for the record I don't recall ever saying that I was leaving forever just stepping back and taking a break from certain sections of this place. I'm over what happened and looking to move forward.
You might not be dwelling on that particular incident, but you're not "looking to move forward". That would indicate trying to conduct yourself with some maturity and be productive. I'm pretty sure people have stated their issues, you ignored them and kept doing your thing knowing the reaction it would get. Now you're throwing a passive aggressive little hissy fit. I fail to see how that's moving forward, which, in my book would entail being a productive member of the community.

Jon Tees

What I find odd is this section is called Random Topics I create random, off the wall topics and people ride my ass about it. This would be like someone being attacked like this for creating wrestling threads in the wrestling section.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Jon Tees

Quote from: Triple B on August 12, 2013, 11:34:11 PM
I thought you were leaving never to return?

It was goodbye for now not goodbye forever. I stepped away for a while, took a break and let things cool off even though I was the person who was wronged.

Quote from: Triple B on August 12, 2013, 11:35:00 PM
As I'm thinking about it, didn't Tees leave because he was angry that Ian called him a liar?  Isn't coming back proving that right?

It proves nothing other than the fact that I'm a very forgiving person who is willing to turn the other cheek, let bygones by bygones and leave the past in the past. I was accused of something ludicrous defended myself and was called a liar basically.  Even though no one ever apologized for this I'm over it anyway and forgive the false accusations and name calling. I have friendships with several of the members here  these are people I have known for years on and off line and in and out of e-feds. According to them this place just wasn't the same without me and many regularly asked when/if I was ever going to return.  I never created threads for the purpose of collecting data for some sort of financial gain this is completely absurd that someone would even think this. I will admit that I did use responses in the threads about backpacks and messenger bags and jean shorts to help me make a personal decision about whether to stick with my backpack or buy a messenger bag the same with whether to buy a pair of jean shorts but there was no financial benefit gained by this it was just the fact that I couldn't make a decision and wanted to get some other opinions to help me decide.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am glad to know that you being here is totally on your terms...and not anyone elses. That makes me feel special that you turned the other cheek.

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ty

Tees.

From your posts, we see nothing of your life.

Many of us go to these forums because we enjoy the interaction. Its a nice break from an other-wise stress-filled, pressure-filled day. Look around the forums, when one of the members goes through something, the others support them. People like the people they meet here so much that they have met them irl.

You are throwing words on a page and stating your opinions.

You are not contributing to the forums by doing this, you are standing back and writing and reading.

No connection.

Marq

Quote from: Mr. Tees on August 13, 2013, 07:54:20 AM
It was goodbye for now not goodbye forever. I stepped away for a while, took a break and let things cool off even though I was the person who was wronged.

It proves nothing other than the fact that I'm a very forgiving person who is willing to turn the other cheek, let bygones by bygones and leave the past in the past. I was accused of something ludicrous defended myself and was called a liar basically.  Even though no one ever apologized for this I'm over it anyway and forgive the false accusations and name calling. I have friendships with several of the members here  these are people I have known for years on and off line and in and out of e-feds. According to them this place just wasn't the same without me and many regularly asked when/if I was ever going to return.  I never created threads for the purpose of collecting data for some sort of financial gain this is completely absurd that someone would even think this. I will admit that I did use responses in the threads about backpacks and messenger bags and jean shorts to help me make a personal decision about whether to stick with my backpack or buy a messenger bag the same with whether to buy a pair of jean shorts but there was no financial benefit gained by this it was just the fact that I couldn't make a decision and wanted to get some other opinions to help me decide.

You know what would have been cool?

Instead of this (copied/pasted from the thread):

"If someone is over the age of 25 and is returning to college do you think it would be a bit odd for them to carry their stuff in a backpack as opposed to one of those leather bags that the professors use? Personally, if you are wearing a pair of khaki's with a collared shirt and a pair of nice shoes a backpack may cramp your style a bit."

Why not this:

"Hey, guys -- I'm going back to school soon, and I'm deciding between a leather messenger bag or a backpack. Anyone got any ideas? Suggestions? Horror stories?"

Even if you're NOT going back to school and are just asking (in which case your hypothetical at the beginning is bullshit), it sounds like you already have your answer at the end of the question. Regardless, you still sound like a robot trying to gather information and, more importantly, it puts people off -- period. Like, if you can't see the difference between the two versions of the same question, THAT'S what your problem is.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Triple B

QuoteYour insults, disrespect and outlandish false accusations have made it abundantly clear to me that I'm not wanted here. Sometimes in life you do get what you wanted and this is one of those times congratulations. If you enjoyed my contributions you'll probably view this as bad news if you didn't it's either good news or you could care less. Other than occasionally using this place as an e-wrestling resource site I won't be using it very much at all.

Peace.

I wasn't aware "Random" was an e-wrestling resource.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

I'm not wanted here but I find the resources really useful so I'm going to leech off those still
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jon Tees

Quote from: Rob on August 13, 2013, 01:20:02 PM
I'm not wanted here but I find the resources really useful so I'm going to leech off those still

Yeah myself and my topics are so "horrible" that I've lost count of how many times I've been propositioned to take part in new, upstart forums  over the course of my 14 years (on and off) of involvement in the primary hobby that this forum is centered around, and nearly 30 years as a fan of the activity that spawned that particular hobby. Many of my harshest critics would proposition me tomorrow if they branched out and opened their own places because I'm such a "terrible poster." And in fact many of them have in the past when they attempted to branch out before later deciding against it even after ripping on me in response to something I posted.

Jon

Quote from: Mr. Tees on August 13, 2013, 03:17:09 PM
Yeah myself and my topics are so "horrible" that I've lost count of how many times I've been propositioned to take part in new, upstart forums over the years over the course of my 14 years (on and off) of involvement in the primary hobby that this forum is centered around, and nearly 30 years as a fan of the activity that spawned that particular hobby. Many of my harshest critics would proposition me tomorrow if they branched out and opened their own places because I'm such a "terrible poster."

LOL

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Talon

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Rob

Are you sure you're not a character from FBL?

Why don't you go to the Super League of wrestling forums you big flapping ego.
SixersEagles

[/center]