News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Chili Con Carne

Started by MitchMMA, November 19, 2008, 05:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchMMA

*Note: I found this recipe on rosstraining.com and it looks pretty good haha, figured I'd share it with you guys.

3lb extra lean ground beef
2 large sweet onions.
4 Italian tomatoes
4 regular tomatoes
1 can of red kidney beans
1 can of mixed beans
2 large carrots. - optional
1/2 clove of garlic
1 large red bell pepper - optional
1 green chili pepper
1 red chili pepper
2 tbl spoons cumin
2 tbl spoons crashed chili peppers
2 cans of tomato paste ( we get real small cans here)
1 large can of tomatoes sauce
2 tbl spoon of extra virgin olive oil

My secret ingredients (optional but add great flavor)
1/2 cup of dark beer (stout)
2 squares of 85% dark chocolate (graded)

Chop tomatoes, onions, bell pepper and carrots (I like large slices)
Finely chop chili peppers and garlic.

in a large pan add 2 tbl spoons of olive oil and add garlic and chili peppers
wait until they sizzle then add 3lb of ground beef. Its important to get extra lean beef otherwise you'll need to drain the fat.
Once the meat is starting to brown nicely and 1/2 of beer and let it cook for a while on a medium heat. Add chopped onions and carrots; keep stirring the chili so the meat is nicely separated.
You can drain the beer now or let it cook with it for a while longer.. i drain it.
O.K time to add chopped tomatoes, crashed chili peppers and cumin, and chocolate mixed it well and cook for a few more min
Add tomato paste and sauce and mix well. You probably want to lower the heat to low now. Finally add the beans and stir. Let it cook on low for a some time, stir now and then.