News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

I Pity The Page

Started by Nick, September 04, 2009, 07:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Well after a lot of back and forth discussion, whether he didn't get the role, or did, it looks like Rampage Jackson will be stepping into the role of B.A. Baracus in the new A-Team movie right now in production. What does that mean? No Page vs. Evans. Yahoo sports confirmed it today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Rampage-gets-Mr-T-role-in-A-Team-movie-will-?urn=mma,187415

Yahoo sports tends to be a pretty damn credible news source, so I doubt this is a hoax. Was kinda worried when I saw Diego vs. Penn get bumped to UFC 107. I was thinking to myself both Page and Penn want to main event the show, especially being in Memphis(Page's hometown), so something has to give. Personally I think this is balls, and I am not looking forward to yet another crappy remake. Page should just stick to fighting, I'm really sick of seeing all these MMA guys trying to cross over to acting. Midnight Meat Train was corny and eye roll worthy, and now this. C'mon man.

In related news Tim Sylvia has been hired to be the stand-in for the Jason character in the new Friday the 13th remake. Yes, a stand-in, not the actual role. Which means he gets to stand in a full jumpsuit for hours and do a bunch of blocking and lighting poses. For shame Timmay, for shame.

Black Death

first Sylvia doing for the money, can not fault the guy . getting paid to stand , i know for hours and hours but easy damn paycheck in my eyes. not alot of hard work there, easier then getting punch in the face.  lol

Page as B.A  interesting choice if it true.  I think he can pull it off but i wait and see , because i still going to go watch it once it comes out
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Nick

I think Page will do ok as BA, I guess I'm just sour that I probably have to wait a year now to see Jackson-Evans. That's legitimate heat between them that I would have loved to see settled by KO.

Black Death

Quote from: Nick on September 04, 2009, 10:39:08 PM
I think Page will do ok as BA, I guess I'm just sour that I probably have to wait a year now to see Jackson-Evans. That's legitimate heat between them that I would have loved to see settled by KO.

lol  true i been itching for that match too.

Adam Wrong

i think terry crews or ving rhames should have got the role... Failin that legion would have been a shoe in

Black Death

terry crews- chesseburger eddie " it ain't easy being chessey"

Conor

Rampage has the charisma to play BA, no doubt about it. It's gonna be weird seeing a remake of The A-Team; I grew up watching that show religiously, so I hope they do a good job.

Now for the next six to eight months we'll see Evans tell every available news source, "Rampage is duckin' me" which will only increase the heat. Add that to the mainstream exposure that Jackson will receive from the movie and you can guarantee a monster PPV buy rate. Win or lose, it's gonna be good business for all concerned.