News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Hype/Love Thread

Started by Rebel Child, September 02, 2018, 04:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebel Child

Because Alex didn't make one!

In fact I don't even know if we were to have one?!

BUT!

I just wanted to say - Dear Russ, I loved your roleplay, and you still have it without a singular doubt.  I am sorry if I didn't get as much as I wanted to out of it, but I forgot how hard word limits are for me and I of course procrastinated.

However, it is always a pleasure Russtifer... and this time was no different.

Russ

Likewise my lovely! As we both said in our pieces, very glad to go round one more time of who knows how many times! Another great battle of the Queens of Wrestling! Much love.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Alex Smiley

I've got a confession to make...a couple weeks ago, I wasn't even sure what the status of this show would be. I was not in a good place emotionally or mentally. I'm happy to say things have turned around, and I appreciate everyone who showed up for this little experiment. Heck, the people who didn't show I'm already aware of their situation, so it's not like anyone straight up flaked IMO lol.

That said, I'm gonna go to plan B to get this show up in the next day or two: summarized matches that I'll be writing myself. I promise they will be good summaries; those of you who were in TFWF will recognize the format, but I will make sure a lot of stuff is covered in a way that's easily readable but represents the work you guys put in with your RPs. With that in mind, I am accepting any and all segments you might have in mind; this show is pretty flexible on the story I'm trying to tell, and I already have a basic idea in mind, but I can easily work in whatever you guys want to submit. So please, if you'd like to write a segment, please send it to me ASAP!

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Alex Smiley

And it's posted! I think a week is a much better turnaround on results than a month, yeah? lol

Big thanks to Doug E Fresh and Tritch/Rex for sending in a segment, and to Mark Mania who pitched in earlier today with a couple match summaries that, quite frankly, gave me the final push to finish the show today lol. Thanks again to everyone who RPed, and for putting up with my insanity during a crazy time in life lol.

Lemme know what you thought of the show! Shorter in length to reflect a different atmosphere, tried to insert some new graphics and set up some new storylines, all while realizing that the next event is indeed the Extreme Tournament! I'll have more details by this weekend, at which point sign ups will be open. It's gonna be a bit of a different structure this year...and I'll leave it at that for now, lol.

** Feedback for the show will go here. **

Russ

Thanks for your hard work on this Alex/others who helped put it together (sounds like a shoutout to Doug/Tritch/Mark!). Overall an enjoyable set of results, I think the shorter matches work really well and have allowed the show to go up in a timely fashion - hopefully a change to continue to be implemented going forward. I like the fact that for a new generation of Experts we are pushing new top talent in the likes of Rex/Maverick/Mark Mania. I also like that there's a blend between them and the likes of Black Death, Doug etc.

As a couple of things to work on - I still don't understand who these new Eternal Circle members are. Thomas Crowne arriving like we all know who he is? Vagn Dahl turning up like he's anything more than a name from TFWF 6 years ago? I think some more context could have been added, perhaps a pre-show segment with the EC meeting up so we know who the members are before they make arrivals. Also the no-showers... really... 1500 words and ages to write and you couldn't manage ANYTHING? Piss off.

On a personal note I spent a long time on RPs between the shows and for this show forming a Thunder/Desert Sex alliance and even in the Scorpio RP suggesting they wanted to ally with others like Nickles. Cut to the show and what we get instead is Scorpio being nothing but a shit heel (rp was more of antihero, sassy put downs mixed with genuine respect, same as Cindy played GN?) pushing Nickles away and playing no other role (bit of a kicker when I was the first to RP and yet Maverick/BD no-showed and got important roles/pushes/mentions...), and Thunder being courted for an ORC reunion which he says he's uncertain about because there's too much going on for alliances. It doesn't fit what's going on behind the scenes, and tbh if the RPers' own creative twists are being ignored for somewhat weaker dialogue/reasoning in the show... eh that's a shame dude.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Mark Mania

Happy to give that final push my man!

Also happy to be getting more involved in the show, I was feeling kind of left in the background, being around as long as I had been. But this is a great story push.

Unfortunate that Leander couldn't get something up as now I've basically been no-showed the past two cards. But hey, I doubt I'll get no showed at the Extreme Tournament.

Great job everyone.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Russ on September 12, 2018, 06:33:37 AM
Thanks for your hard work on this Alex/others who helped put it together (sounds like a shoutout to Doug/Tritch/Mark!). Overall an enjoyable set of results, I think the shorter matches work really well and have allowed the show to go up in a timely fashion - hopefully a change to continue to be implemented going forward. I like the fact that for a new generation of Experts we are pushing new top talent in the likes of Rex/Maverick/Mark Mania. I also like that there's a blend between them and the likes of Black Death, Doug etc.

As a couple of things to work on - I still don't understand who these new Eternal Circle members are. Thomas Crowne arriving like we all know who he is? Vagn Dahl turning up like he's anything more than a name from TFWF 6 years ago? I think some more context could have been added, perhaps a pre-show segment with the EC meeting up so we know who the members are before they make arrivals. Also the no-showers... really... 1500 words and ages to write and you couldn't manage ANYTHING? Piss off.

On a personal note I spent a long time on RPs between the shows and for this show forming a Thunder/Desert Sex alliance and even in the Scorpio RP suggesting they wanted to ally with others like Nickles. Cut to the show and what we get instead is Scorpio being nothing but a shit heel (rp was more of antihero, sassy put downs mixed with genuine respect, same as Cindy played GN?) pushing Nickles away and playing no other role (bit of a kicker when I was the first to RP and yet Maverick/BD no-showed and got important roles/pushes/mentions...), and Thunder being courted for an ORC reunion which he says he's uncertain about because there's too much going on for alliances. It doesn't fit what's going on behind the scenes, and tbh if the RPers' own creative twists are being ignored for somewhat weaker dialogue/reasoning in the show... eh that's a shame dude.

Thanks for the feedback Russ, it's greatly appreciated.

1. I will definitely work on better context for things like the Eternal Circle going forward. Looking back on the show, you're absolutely right in that there should've been more of that sorta thing.

2. On the note of characterization and amount of involvement for characters, that's a big blunder on my end and I apologize. I recognized that glaring error from the last show and tried to correct it here, but especially as it pertains to Scorpio and Thunder I've missed the mark. Case in point, Scorpio...I wasn't trying to ignore what was written in the RP, but there's a big enough disconnect between that and his portrayal on the show to admit that I grossly misread the characterization...and again, I apologize for that. My solution is to work more carefully with handlers going forward, both on characterization and where those characters stand on the situations happening in this world, so I know how to better fit them into the narrative. I did that on this show with Mark Mania, and truthfully that was a conversation that literally happened yesterday...so I'm going to do better with that moving forward, especially with the "big one" coming up here.

3. I know it's frustrating when people don't RP, especially for a show that isn't a weekly occurrence...but I also know some of the situation involving BD and Bone, so I was trying my best to answer for that within the narrative of the show itself. With other characters taking more of a backseat, that becomes more of a blunder than it should've been. Again, I recognize that error and will not let that happen again moving forward; working with you guys in the hopes of getting everyone involved in these shows is high priority to me, and I will take more action to work toward that goal.

Thanks again for the input Russ; there are times when I need to be shown what's off so I can fix it and make it better, and this was one of those times for sure.

T-Bonizzle

We had actually asked Alex to quietly remove us from the card a few weeks ago and reschedule the match. So, no, we didn't no-show. I was hoping he'd remove us all together (and for my pre-show segment with Jack to serve as the story kicker for Maverick).