NEW GHC World Heavyweight Champion

Started by Duckman, September 07, 2008, 01:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From ROHwrestling.com:

"Kensuke Sasaki made history by defeating Takeshi Morishima on 9/6 at Budokan Hall show to become the new GHC Heavyweight Champion. This makes Sasaki the only man in history to hold the New Japan's IWGP Title, the All Japan Triple Crown and NOAH's GHC Championship, which are the three most prestigious belts in Japan. Sasaki will wrestle Roderick Strong at ROH's 9/14 event in Tokyo and Claudio Castagnoli at ROH's 9/20 card in South Philly. The legendary GHC Heavyweight Champion is coming to ROH!!!"

I've got to say this is pretty surprising news.  I expected Morishima to hold the GHC Title for a long time, establishing himself as the top heavyweight in NOAH.

I wonder if this means he might be signing with WWE and needed to drop the Title?  Or if it's to allow Sasaki to defend the belt in America as Marafuji did a couple of years back.

Either way it's big news in Japan and it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.