New Wave of Talent in WWE or just Cleaning House?

Started by Ash Bombay, September 13, 2008, 04:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Bombay

2008 has been a monumentious year for wrestling, and WWE in general. Not since the Monday Night Wars have there been so many new faces on WWE tv that fans have a chance to watch and grow and cheer and critize. To make or break there careers, which is what we fans do the best.  So I'm going to list some of the new faces that have made there ways to our television screen, and give you my thoughts on if the guy will make it or not, and am open to everyones opinion on if they think they will make it or not.

Cody Rhodes: Cody Rhodes, right now him and Dibiase Jr.  are highly successfull tag team, and with the addition of Manu and rub from Orton these guys have the most prized "it" factor. His wrestling skills are above average, and he has a good look to him. He just has the same knock on him as his half brother Dustin. He is shakey on the mic. Dustin really excelled as Golddust, when he didn't have to live up to Dusty's legacy, and the bright side of Cody coming out now is, Orton, Dibiase, Neidhart, Manu, etc. etc. are all going through the same "living in the shadows" deal and can help each other get over it.  It's still semi early to see how Rhodes is going to evolve into, but right now I see him being a multi time IC champion, maybe even wrestle for the World strap, but, I don't see him as the champion just yet.

Ted Dibiase Jr:  He has "it". Skills, Mic, Look, Charisma. He is going to break the family curse and become the WWE World Champion. Guarenteed. It's awesome they are getting the rub from Orton right now, but I hope they don't pingeon hold them, as Dibiase needs to be the leader of this group. Maybe turn Orton face for a few months when they are ready to emerge Ted Jr. to the level he will rightfully be at. Dibiase Jr. World Champion by 2010, if not next year.

Kofi Kingston: Kofi Kingston is another hit right now on RAW. I personally haven't seen much of his tv time, but I can tell he has some decent talent, and some charisma. His gimmick is very sterotypical, but thats what WWE does. I see him to continue to be a force with in the IC / US title ranks, and possible filler in a world title match somewhere down the line. We will have to wait and see if he develops into that world champion calaber.

Manu: Nothing much is seen of this guy just yet. He is the son of Afa Jr., And looks like a beast in his post match beat downs. No telling whats going on with his mic skills, or whats going on. If anything he could be a better version of Umaga, and maybe get a run at the US / IC titles as a monster heel. Maybe he has mic skills and can get over and be a world champion during a transition. But still to young to tell on him.

Santino Marella: Now I know he actually debuted last year, but he's still fresh enough to comment on. Santino will never be a world champion. I personally don't like him, can't understand him on the mic because of his ridiculious accent to the gimmick they gave him, and he is nothing more then for comedic relieve. Which the WWE needs right now. But his comedic timing will run out, and he will lose the strap to go back to nothing more then a glorified jobber. I see him having a slightly worse career then Honkey Tonk Man, a man he is largely being compared to at this point. So get ready to get his autograph in the back of some high school gym, and a picture with him, and a hot dog for 5 bucks.

Beth Phoenix: Phoenix too debuted last year, but she is still a beast. She is like the upgraded version of Chyna. 2309483094820348 times prettier then Chyna, and just a beast for a woman. I see Phoenix having a lengthy career for a female wrestler. Atleast to where Trish and Lita did, where they went out on there own terms. I see her doing that.

DH Smith: What the fuck is the deal with this guy creative? You've had him get mugged by JB, jobbed in a few other matches, and then completely taken off tv. Wtf? Out of everyone, he probably has more talent on there, as long as he isn't cursed with his families lack of mic skils. *Haven't heard if he is or not. * I realise he is related to Bulldug, Bret, and Teddy Hart who the WWE aren't always on good terms with, but do you have to completely bury him? I say they need to think of something up for DH Smith and let us see what he's got, he's already got a better look then his old man, which will take you far in this business.

Ezekiel Jackson: Again, too early to tell. Judging by his look, he'll be a beast, but we don't know if he has mic skills, or has any work rate. He could be the next Lesnar, or he could be the next Sid V. No telling, but it will be interesting to see how WWE handles this guy.

Natalya Neidhart: She has future hall of famer written all on her, if she can manage to deal with the back stage politics. She shoulda been the first Diva champ, not the girl UT is fucking. As long as she learns the ins and outs of the backstage part of the WWE, she will be having multiple WWE Womens championship reigns on her way to being as recognizeable as the other Canadian World Champion, Trish Stratus.

Primo Colon: Still a bit early on him as well. He seems to be the new Owen tho, as Carlito has all the looks, and skill, where as Primo is more fundiamental. Not to mention what is wrong with you to let them give you the name Primo? Primo Colon sounds like he has a prime ass.

R Truth: I know he was K Kwick for a brief period back in the day. After reinventing himself, and apparantly reinventing himself again to an extent for WWE, R Truth has huge expectations on his shoulders. And for WWE to take him back, and build him up like they have, I see atleast US / IC gold in his future. If they continue to work with him, he has a legit chance to be the world champ eventually.

Vladimir Kozlov: WWE is trying to hard to build the next foreign machine. It didn't work with Ludvig Borga, Tiger Sighn, and no matter what they say, or Great Khali.  Having this guy squash jobbers all day isn't helping anything, we can't judge him until we see him in a fued. Which they need to figure out who and what its going to be, and in a hurry because he's getting boring.

Scotty Goldman: Yeah, he is definately going to get repackaged, seriously, that singlet? Not working for him. He has decent skills, he needs a wardrobe thats going to flatter his body, not one thats going to show him in a bad light. Until that happens, and he gets some mic time, he's a jobber who will be repackaged soon.

Ryan Braddock: From the limited exposure I've seen of this guy, he is boring and bland, and will be sent back down to development.

Bam Neely: He worked as a bodyguard for awhile, but then he got sucked into the dreaded "lackey for a midcarder" which instantly kills your credibility. He has a nice look, but can't wrestle. He will be gone before we even care about his character.

Even Bourne: Amazing flyer. He is what ECW needed to build on with this talent exchange. Hopefully he can stay healthy enough to make an impact somewhere. Maybe capture gold, but never a world champion at this stage, or near future of his career. Maybe a long career will warrent him a title reign like Rey's, but doubt it.

Ricky Ortiz: Originally very boring, and just a pathetic make up of a character. But with the towel thing, and his constant improvement, he is starting to grow. He will be on the ECW roster for awhile. Maybe a worthwhile fued with Mike Knox or something. Heh.

Jack Swagger: Still early to tell on him, but I've been watching him since he has been in developments. He has the build and look the WWE likes. He is a former NCAA Wrestling champion for a creme le creme of colleges for wrestling in Oklahoma. He has lots of charisma, and wrestling skills. At worst he is the next Brock Lesner, just being a pure monster. If he has mic skills, then we may have find a completely different monster champion.

Those are my thoughts, what are yours?