News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Raw *SPOILERS*

Started by Gary, June 08, 2010, 12:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

Whoever that guy was makes some excellent points and I agree with them.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Duckman

Now that is how you book the opening to an invasion angle.  Fantastic stuff.

Let's hope they follow this up properly and keep these guys looking so strong.

Gotta love the little moment where even the uber heel CM Punk tried to get back in to stop them and got beaten down.

That's the best angle and most interesting thing WWE have done in...fuck...the last 5-8 years maybe??  I can't remember anything else in that time frame that actually made me give a crap about Raw.

Will most certainly be watching SD this week and Raw next week to see how they follow it up.

Bryan Danielson screaming "you're not better than me" and then spitting in John Cena's face just made the entire IWC collectively shoot their loads!

Very interested to see where this goes.  PLEASE WWE, don't fuck this one up!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Russ

Seen this around on the net and various forums, apparently the whole Evan Bourne main event push is to get people believing a little guy can beat a big guy in the main event and that the little guy can be a top contender in order to pave the way for Danielson and Low Ki... that's pretty awesome.

Oh, and Bourne's push came at the suggestion of Cena -- guess the champ can be useful!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Duckman

Given how utterly dead in the water the WWE main event scene has been in recent years they had to push some new talent up the card.

If they keep working on getting Swagger over and more importantly get him some credible wins over top guys along with pushing Danielson, Bourne, Ki and whoever else they've got in mind - Kingston, Morrison, Sheamus, CM Punk etc, they could really establish the upper mid card and main event into something fresh and new.

The main thing is they give it time to develop and more importantly guys like HHH, Orton, Taker, Cena, Edge, Jericho etc start doing legitmate jobs for these new guys to build them up during feuds.  Not just fluke TV wins, but built up PPV wins.

No one gets over in the WWE main event scene, no matter what anyone says, without winning a few key feuds and matches against the big names.

Will be watching with interest for a change!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Gary

Im hoping Barret replaces Orton at Fatal Four Way

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Russ

I can see him cashing in his PPV title opportunity for it. The other seven managing him - epic!

Also some talk of it being NXT that took out Undertaker...
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Gary

Yes we mentioned the taker thing on the SB last night, it would be very interesting.

[/center]

Drama Queen

Too soon for Barrett to cash in... this is the best fucking thing since Austin/McMahon feud. They need to play this out a little longer.

Also logistically it would make no sense... why would Barrett chose to cash in his shot @ 25% odds in a fatal four-way. If anything he should beat the winner next night on Raw (although the contract does say PPV match, so maybe not)

I seriously thought I had outgrown wrestling... turns out I was just waiting for a decent story all along.

Fnord

This will make me run home and watch my recording from yesterday!  I'm so excited!   ;D

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Russ

jagilki

?

what's that stand for?

I like nXtWo

Gary

I think he was Fnording nxt

[/center]

Russ

Russ

[spoiler]I love how on NXT they had the pros beat the rookies up to try and squash any repeat of the NXT1 rebellion... awesome booking.[/spoiler]

jagilki

Quote from: Russaholic on June 09, 2010, 08:25:31 AM
[spoiler]I love how on NXT they had the pros beat the rookies up to try and squash any repeat of the NXT1 rebellion... awesome booking.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah, Season 1 guys snapped and went nuts because they were treated like shit, so you Season 2 Fucktards, take these insults and Striker cutting you off everytime you talk, followed by a beating, and you won't snap on us.[/spoiler]