Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

EFK Website - suggestions and stuff

Started by Duckman, November 05, 2010, 02:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Triple B

We'll just cut the last 30 minutes of the main podcast and put that on ReAction.

I don't know what the problem with the RSS feed is, first I've heard of it.  Anyone else have a similar problem?  That MIGHT be related to the server move though, which also had us lose the last show or two on the podcast page.

I like this poll idea, and is something we can look into.

The spotlight idea isn't bad either. 

Keep it coming, kids.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Triple B

Also, there IS a reason why the main site hasn't been updated other than the podcast.  However, I just deleted out all the dead affiliates.  There's something cooking, but once that comes to fruition I'll add any affiliates we need to at that time.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Judge

RSS feed is updated back to show 41.  it's kind of fruitless to do it back before that.   It requires manual intervention by me to update since it's beyond the technical know how of mere mortals, so expect a bit of lag between the show being updated and the RSS feed being updated.

Gary

I mentioned this in the feedback thread, but maybe the secondary podcast can be the real wrestling ramble, and include ducktails in it. That way you keep the efedding and real wrestling stuff apart and maybe it gives you guys more time to talk about real wrestling stuff.

[/center]

Jay Jefferson

Quote from: Triple B on November 06, 2010, 04:23:42 PM
Also, there IS a reason why the main site hasn't been updated other than the podcast.  However, I just deleted out all the dead affiliates.  There's something cooking, but once that comes to fruition I'll add any affiliates we need to at that time.

I emailed someone from the site months ago about my fed becoming a affiliate. I even sent my button, and have had the EFK one on my site for over a year.

Captain Metro

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on November 09, 2010, 10:38:58 AM
As far as the second podcast idea goes...putting Real Wrestling Ramble and Ducktails together (as someone mentioned before) and posting the feedback topic for that on the 'real wrestling' page would help get conversation about the things discussed on those segments going on that board. As it is now, there seems to be a lot of conversation points stemming from that part of the podcast, but the discussions kind of fall dead in the 'feedback' thread, and they never get continued on the real wrestling board.

I agree with this.

Even if they weren't turned into a second podcast, a discussion topic could be put up on that board to further things.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Duckman

You know, I really like that idea.

Will definitely give that some thought.

More likely for the shows in the new year as the Christmas Special tends to be packed with mayhem, booze and awards!

Great stuff folks, please keep the ideas coming - this collective effort is what makes EFK great.

Peace

Duckman

RickRampage

I think that if you guys are going to seriously try to get the EFK podcast up once a month, a good idea might be to sort of do a podcast with all new hosts, broken into 3 parts, with 3 different hosts for each part. Allow the listeners to vote on their favorite 2 or 3 hosts out of the total 9. Then, those 2 or 3 could be sort of back ups in case any of the main hosts can't be a part of the show for some reason. That way, you can still have three hosts when one of the main hosts can't do the show, and you'll know going in that it is some one that the listeners will enjoy listening to.

Triple B

Quote from: RickRampage on November 09, 2010, 05:37:01 PM
I think that if you guys are going to seriously try to get the EFK podcast up once a month, a good idea might be to sort of do a podcast with all new hosts, broken into 3 parts, with 3 different hosts for each part. Allow the listeners to vote on their favorite 2 or 3 hosts out of the total 9. Then, those 2 or 3 could be sort of back ups in case any of the main hosts can't be a part of the show for some reason. That way, you can still have three hosts when one of the main hosts can't do the show, and you'll know going in that it is some one that the listeners will enjoy listening to.
I refuse to vote for AlexK for a host.

If you want to be on the show Rick, just ask.  You don't have to vote us all off the island first!

Duckman

Yeah sorry Rick but that's not happening.  I don't want to sound like a dick but it is our show!  Plus that's a fuck load of work for editing and arranging people in different time zones and stuff.

EFK podcast is and always will be me, Ian and B, plus guest if we can get them.

Let's get back on the subject of the website, rather than firing us and getting new hosts in!

Peace

Duckman

Russ

Let's allow Ben Halkum and Tom Mason host!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Judge

jagilki

Gary

Quote from: Duckman on November 12, 2010, 06:06:42 AM
Yeah sorry Rick but that's not happening.  I don't want to sound like a dick but it is our show!  Plus that's a fuck load of work for editing and arranging people in different time zones and stuff.

EFK podcast is and always will be me, Ian and Skelly, Lemke,Marq B plus guest if we can get them.

Let's get back on the subject of the website, rather than firing us and getting new hosts in!

Peace

Duckman

fixed.

[/center]