News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Time for Anarchy!

Started by T-Bonizzle, October 01, 2013, 11:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Chris Shields on October 03, 2013, 01:41:03 AM
The system we had didn't force me to have health care or else pay the government, so no, it is not better than the system we had. Also, John Stewart is a Republican hating comedian, so anything he says about this, well should probably just be ignored because he's biased as fuck. Simple fact is, the people who approved Obamacare aren't even willing to use Obamacare. If I make a batch of burgers, I'm tasting the first one to make sure they're good before I serve them to people. These fucks are just telling us to trust them and then throwing us undercooked burgers ridden with mad cow and e coli, and then saying we're wrong for not eating them.

As a man who I know loves to watch the Newsroom .... that was hilariously bad.

Kieran King

People are bitching about being forced to have health care? It's worked great for my entire life. Last year I spent a few days in a public hospital and they actually paid me for it.

Dorling

What is the opinion of my cross atlantic brethren on paying for healthcare like we do in the UK?

We pay national insurance from our wages and therefore are covered by the NHS and don't end up with massive bills like our pal Jag after having emergency treatment. Is this not a preferred route for the US? Obviously Shields doesn't like it but what about you other dudes?

I can't imagine living in a country where you could go to a hospital and not be treated because you don't have private medical insurance.

Judge

Oh you can go to the ER and be treated.  They can't refuse you service.  You're just stuck with 4000 bill because you went in for a cough.

One thing you have to understand, and what Obamacare is designed to fix, was that people that DONT have insurance now -- the unemployed, or lower income people -- They would just go to the ER for anything.  Since clinics won't take people without insurance, or if they do, you have to pay the whole bill up front, they can't go there.  The ER doesn't make you pay everything up front, so our ERs are flooded with people who don't have insurance but need basic care, such as flu or strep throat or things like that.  Since they don't have insurance, the hospital sticks them with the full price of everything, vs the negotiated rates with insurance companies.

Obamacare was designed to allow these lower income families to afford health insurance so they don't have to go to the ER and be stuck with a huge bill.  The "individual mandate" part is what pisses some people off, where they HAVE to buy insurance or they pay for it with their taxes.

¿PapaPancho?

I'd much rather have a single payer system and for me the Affordable Health Care Act didn't go far enough.  Luckily I live in California where the single payer might actually become an option for us on the state level.  When my girlfriend is dying from Scleroderma and she can't get insurance coverage because of a pre existing condition ... the system was broken.  Under the Affordable Health Care Act she can get insurance and actually have access to the chemotherapy she needs just to try and live a comfortable life in her unfortunately short life span.  If that means my healthy young ass has to chip in so others who are unfortunate can get medical access I for one am ready to chip in.

Also for giggles and to show how dumb people in America are ...

Six of One - Obamacare vs. The Affordable Care Act

Duckman

One other thing I don't get.  I keep reading this health care law was passed already.  So what the hell are the far right nutters going on about? 
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Hondo

Quote from: Duckman on October 03, 2013, 07:18:36 AM
One other thing I don't get.  I keep reading this health care law was passed already.  So what the hell are the far right nutters going on about? 

I think the two biggest issues are:

a) The "affordability" of the Affordable Care Act is in question. A lot of folk's quotes are a lot higher per month than what they're paying now, and

b) The individual mandate is more or less a tax, as confirmed by the Supreme Court under the ACA ruling.

I'll be honest with you here, guys. I don't think ANYONE is against everyone having the opportunity to receive needed healthcare. It would take nothing short of a monster to say they don't want someone to get a life-saving surgery or just the chance to see a doctor when they're sick. Heck guys, my own mother-in-law can't get insurance because she is a breast cancer survivor, and no private insurance will cover her due to her "pre-existing condition". I just don't think this particular plan is the right one. Too many variables, too many exceptions, etc. etc. At the end of the day, it's 70% tax, 30% healthcare.

I'll freely admit I'm not fully versed on how NSA works, but from what I do know, I think I'd almost prefer it to what we're seeing now.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Dorling

Quote from: JackHondo on October 03, 2013, 07:38:51 AM
I think the two biggest issues are:

a) The "affordability" of the Affordable Care Act is in question. A lot of folk's quotes are a lot higher per month than what they're paying now, and

b) The individual mandate is more or less a tax, as confirmed by the Supreme Court under the ACA ruling.

I'll be honest with you here, guys. I don't think ANYONE is against everyone having the opportunity to receive needed healthcare. It would take nothing short of a monster to say they don't want someone to get a life-saving surgery or just the chance to see a doctor when they're sick. Heck guys, my own mother-in-law can't get insurance because she is a breast cancer survivor, and no private insurance will cover her due to her "pre-existing condition". I just don't think this particular plan is the right one. Too many variables, too many exceptions, etc. etc. At the end of the day, it's 70% tax, 30% healthcare.

I'll freely admit I'm not fully versed on how NSA works, but from what I do know, I think I'd almost prefer it to what we're seeing now.

I guess from an outsider looking in it's harder for us Brits to understand it. I'm also unaware of the actual cost of the proposed care programs. I've always had money deducted straight from my income so I don't really think about it. National Insurance plus Income Tax is about 20% of my wages, give or take. How much is it proposed to be under the Affordable Care Act?

jagilki

I'm not 100% sure because I'm seeing different things from different places.  But here is what I've been looking at.

WHEN I was working, I was paid shit.  9 dollars an hour.  After taxes I was bringing home about 500 every two weeks.

for the "Bronze" package, most quotes I've seen for here in wyoming are about 400-600 a month (unless that's way wrong, which it could very well be.)

IF (big if here) IF that is correct, there would be just no way when I was working.

Now, not being able to work for a while more?  I'm just fucked all around.

jagilki

Double post.

I don't really have tons of problems with this law.  My only problems are that some businesses are screwing over their employees to avoid having to provide this insurance, Congress has exempted themselves from having to participate (that right there makes me concerned there is something they know that hasn't been revealed yet), Businesses have been exempted from having to do certain things for a year or so.

There's just things about this that I'm getting more and more disillusioned about.  I'd really much rather we went with a UK type system, but we won't.  Because in America it's all about Insurance Company profits and Medical Drug Makers Profits, fuck the little guy.

jagilki

Triple post score

And as for the Govt Shutdown, fuck both political parties.  Neither one gives a fuck about "normal" people.  They only care about their own power and getting their own. 

Individual politicians may have good intentions, but the parties?  The parties are fucking corrupt all around.

T-Bonizzle

The issue with the law has never been the healthcare part, but rather who is going to pay for this and how much it will cost. Something like 80% of Americans have health insurance already. For most of them, nothing will change. The law is aimed at at the population with out health insurance to get it.

Oh and the issue is that the Republicans strategy is to make Obama a failure. They've openly admitted that their biggest fear is that the new law works exactly as intended, because that would be a win for Obama and the Democrats. Sadly our political party system roots for failure. That's why we have this ridiculous shutdown now.

Talon

I know my family is having their rates triple with the ACA going into effect. 

It would be cheaper for them to have my stepmomther stop working, but they both have to work in order for them to pay their bills.

The biggest complaint from them other than the crazy rates is that they are paying for pregnancy care which doesnt apply to them since my stepmom is nearing sixty, as well as dental coverage that they are paying for that they cant use because its only for people under roughly 25???

I like that you cant be turned away due to pre-existing conditions, but it looks like the rest of it is pretty rough on us here in NC.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Judge

Quote from: Duckman on October 03, 2013, 07:18:36 AM

They're trying to defund it.  That's why we're in a shutdown now, because the nutters wanted to pass the funding law, while also defunding ACA (Obamacare).  Dems and the prez wouldn't have any of that, so here we stand.  Since one house is controlled by the right, and the other the left, we're stuck in this mess.  The house could just pass a CR to fund the government, the senate would sign, and we could get back to business as usual of trying to bitch about Obamacare.

Justin

Quote from: Talon on October 03, 2013, 08:39:47 AM

I like that you cant be turned away due to pre-existing conditions, but it looks like the rest of it is pretty rough on us here in NC.

You can give a big thanks to Pat McCrory for helping in making things rough.  Guy is a complete idiot, no matter your political affiliation.