Kid Dies, Wrestling/Video Games to blame? News at 11

Started by jagilki, April 15, 2009, 07:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

CellBlock

I've been playing videogames since I was able to hold a controller and I have never imitated anything.  I never strapped a sword and shield to my chest and played "Zelda".  I never ran around stomping on turtles and eating mushrooms in hopes to grow tall.  Prents are morons for letting their kids play games outside their age range.  Blame a stupid parent, not videogames.

Kenfucius

I am advocating the formation of a lobbyist group called G.A.S.P. (Gamers Against Shit Parents)

Anyone want to join?

Draeden

Oh hell yes.

On a completely unrelated note, Cell Block - weren't you black?

Kendell Smith

I'll join.

God I love the members of EFK and how not one person is afraid to call a dead child stupid. Tell it how it is! Nothing worse than people sitting around saying how horrible it is when in the back of their minds they're thinking 'dumb cunt'.  Props to you EFK members for your blunt honesty.

Russ

We're lead by Sam... of course we're blunt in telling it how it is!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Draeden

To be honest, people who don't have the balls to say what they think over the internet in a state of near complete anonymity are either idiots or cowards.

Jennifer

A bit late to the party, but blaming that on video games is so much bullshit.

Yeah it's a horrible thing to have happened, but the mother should have the guts to hold up her hand and admit it's her damn fault for not watching over her kid properly and making sure he's alright.

And yeah... since when has Jeff Hardy worn a parachute? Ever?

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Draeden

Maybe it was that towel thing he stuffs down the back of his pants..?

CellBlock

Quote from: Draeden on April 16, 2009, 09:40:27 AM
On a completely unrelated note, Cell Block - weren't you black?

HA!  At one time, my pic bases was Bobby Lashley.  As you can see, it is now Jason Statham.  How the hell did I know I was going to run into someone who knew me?

Anway, back on topic, stupid dead kid, asshole lobyists, retarded parents.

Draeden

Thought it was you, I remember you from VWF. I'm gonna call you Michael from now on :P

James Onlee

At the very least, if you're gonna blame the game, get the name right.  There is no game called Smackdown raw

Excaligore

I'm getting the feeling the ambulance chasers got to the parents wayyy before the press did.

Jonny Worldbeater

Wow, what a surprise: Wrestling and video games being used as a scapegoat for the stupidity of kids and the irresponsibility of adults.

Level-One

Typical bad mother. Given the story; the game had not much to do with the entire incident. The kid used a plastic bag as a parachute, and jumped off a roof of the building; no relation to the game. His mother is better off blaming the air force for jumping out of planes, in that case.

Seriously though ''the stupid child comments'' are a bit too far. In fact, I'd be fake if I simply ignored them. I understand ''who jumps off a building, with a plastic bag as a parachute?'' It sounds pretty self explanitory, but that's exactly my point. Who says this kid wasn't mentally impared to any extent? The kid is nine, you can point a building out to a four five year old and ask them what will happen if someone fell from that height, and they understand the consequence of that action. Little details are out about this, but I'm willing to bet this kid had a mental disability of some sort.

Let's not forget this kid is nine; no matter WHY he did this, there's no reason you can't show the least bit of respect.

That's my take, meh.