News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Exercise?

Started by TaNK, July 28, 2008, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaNK

Man, sitting here.. I always been a big man and thats how I like myself (big and sexy) but still, I noticed I gained a few LBs.. What do you guys do to keep in shape?

It might give some others ideas.

Also, I don't want to hear a reply that says "Put down the fucking fork!"

Be constructive.

As for me? I think I might run my ass around the block a few times today.

Duckman

Exercise wise I go 30 minutes on an exercise bike most days if I can manage it.  I do it in sets of 6 minutes.  Then do some weights, just dumb bells and a few squats with the weights in each hand.  Then repeat until I've done 30 mins on the bike.

The gives the heart, legs and lungs a good work out, plus it's actually amazing how quick you can build decent muscles with just repeated exercise with smaller weights.

I'm a lazy bastard and this does me quite well to keep in shape and feeling good about myself.

3-4 times a week is about right.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

TaNK

Also, if anybody has any good tips on getting massive man arms let me know. I know to lift a weight but still.. there is always tons of different techniques.

Russ

What is this E-X-E-R-C-I-S-E thing?
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Kendell Smith

I've never been a big girl but found myself getting a little spongy so now I hit the gym 3-4 days a week.

In the gym I usually do 10 mins on an exercise bike, 10 mins on the treadmill using weights and walking quickly (sometimes running without the weights), 10 minutes on the rowing machine. Then I do bout 30 minutes of weights and toning. I do about 100 sit ups a day, 50 sitting up straight, 20 on each side and twenty with my legs up.

I also started doing kick boxing once a week which is killing me but I'm feeling it working.

Tim-Æ

Before I fractured my hip I was running every morning at 6:15 - 2-3 miles, working out on Tuesday's and Thursdays for 30 minutes. After the fracture during the healing process (which I'm still in), I'm walking at least 3 miles a week, and working out on Tuesdays and thursdays .Plus a good diet works. Piece of advice though - if you've never done vigorous exercising before, make sure you consume lots of dairy, leafy vegetables, and take calcium pills because your bones may not be in the best condition for it. And get a good pair of shoes, the problem with my hip stemmed from bad shoes.

for big arms, I'd suggest going to the gym and checking out the charts on the wall. most exercise equipment comes with a chart that describes exactly what muscles are used for each work out. From there it's just piecing together which ones you want to focus on more.

MitchMMA

Depends on what your overall goal is. I used to obsess with being "huge", I lifted weights a lot and drank whey protein and a bunch of other shit and I did get big but I got bored of that. I like intense cardio training, I have more fun with that then boring ass weight lifting lol. Basically when I train weights now I don't do it for muscle mass I do it for muscular strength and I do them in a style called Circuit training, I'll show you an example of that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=37_Rl8atH48

Also check out rosstraining.com

That guy really knows his shit and the people on the forums there seem like experts and are really helpful. It's an awesome website.

Cory

Well, people I know call me a fitness guru, so what exactly do you want to do?

Gain Muscle?
Loose Weight?
Cardio?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

The following was written to me, and has been proven!

Gaining Muscle

Best way to gain muscle is to life lots of weight right? As fast as you can with a lot of reps? Wrong!
It's all about muscle confusion. Do something enough times, that when your body adjusts, you fuck with it again and do something totally different. Not only will it burn fat twice as fast, you'll see better results.

Supplements are always helpful. NO-Xplode is really good, especially when trying to confuse the muscles and increase your gains, as you'll do twice as much reps, not get as tired, and still confuse the muscles. Except the downside of NO-Xplode, it gives you the shits.....which also technically will make you lose weight, some times up to 10 pounds!

There are 125 different arm workouts I do in the run of the week, a lot have been found through different programs and own creation. But if you want to gain muscle and burn some fat, it's all about muscle confusion! I'm 15, can curl 55's, bench max 265, bench reg. 195. For someone who's body has already stopped growing, the results for you could be really impressive.

Lose Weight/Cardio

The least fun thing in the world. I too have struggled with this, and current would be around the same feeling as you TaNK. I play soccer, and recent been out for 5 months due to injury. I went in 180, now I find myself weighting 192. Before my birthday (August 31) I want to be down to at least 185, and hoping 175.

Here's what I do.

Monday, Wednesday, & Saturday- Ab workouts. Plenty on the net, do them. 15-20 minutes is all you need.
Tuesday & Thursday- Jog. Nothing hard, run around the block, depending on how far it is (Mine is 2.5k) plan your breaks out accordingly. For 2.5, I have two 30 second breaks and 1 15 second.
Sunday- Sprints. Best thing for you. I guarantee it. Here is what I do, and I've only been on doing it twice, and have burned 3.5 pounds each time. 8x200m (Half a track), stop for 40s in between. Once done the 8x200, take a 5 minutes break. Then, do another 8x200, with 40s of break between each one.

For me, the biggest thing was diet. I know diet is the biggest part in cutting/losing weight, and its always the most difficult (for me). I love chips and junk food, and it's very hard to lose weight when eating it. I've always lost the struggle against the cravings, so right now, I'm slowly cutting back, and I'm going to go buy some supplements today. The right supplements will be your best friend.

Hope this helps.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

MitchMMA

Dieting is tricky, because you can eat healthy and still not get the results you were looking for. Most people think you have to starve yourself, that's not the case in fact it's the exact opposite, you need to eat more. I try to eat 6 small meals a day, but it's hard because I feel like I am eating the same thing every day lol.  I can't cook so it's very difficult to maintain a good diet if your eating the same stuff every day even if that stuff is healthy.

lol basically here is what I usually eat during the day, it's not a strict diet but I try to eat healthy:

Meal 1: Scrambled eggs, Green tea, Oatmeal, piece of fruit.

Meal 2: Tuna sandwich, piece of fruit

Meal 3: Whatever the hell I can find lol

Meal 4: Usually a PB sandwich and a bannana

Meal 5: Same as 3 lol

Meal 6: Whatever the hell my mom makes for dinner lol

So yeah my diet is weird, maybe if I learned how to cook it would be better and I wouldn't be eating the same exact thing every day.

Rebel Child

Make sure also to NOT starve yoursel from a craving food.

This doesn't mean to let yourself eat an entire cheesecake or something of that nature - however it DOES mean that a slice of cheesecake won't kill you.

Why  is this something to bring up?  Because when you allow yourself to be removed from all comfort foods you will find yourself caving and eating that whole cake instead of sating that craving with the slice.

For me, I make sure to eat three meals a day, and drink a lot of water and green tea.. I also find myself snacking a lot, not on anything huge just, if I have some crackers or something, i'll nibble - but this goes with my stomach issues that I have.

Make sure that your consumptions of soda are outweighed by your consumptions of tea and water and even juice.

That's my hints at least.

Adam Wrong

I gym at least 3 times a week. start on treadmill with 1500metres, 1500 on rower and then work on weights. Main thing I am trying is to improve my arms as they are awful.

skelly

This may be basic, but I am going on what I used to do for football.

It's cliche but, the MOST important thing, is to eat a full breakfast. You need to get your matabolism going in the morning. A lot of people say that they can't eat in the morning. That is both, do in part to eating too late at night. (ALSO VERY BAD TO DO)  and waking up without enough time to be awake before you need to be some where.

The hardest thing I had to do, was getting up at least 3 hours before I had to be to work, so I could eat an hour before.

Eating late is also a big problem. It doesn't matter what time really, it matters how close it is to when you go to sleep. If I recall, there needs to be at least 3-4 hours between your last meal of the day, and sleep.

Again, just some basic stuff I was told back in the football training days lol.

The Murph

Well besides I went off work for a year I was decently fit. Though after I went off work I got lazy and now currently weigh 240 at 6'2 and more fat then muscle it seems :( but before then I found everyday things can help. For example if you work somewhere with an escalator and stairs, always take the stairs. If you live within decent walking distance and usually drive to work, just walk. Do pushups for about 10 mins every day when you wake up. Every extra thing helps basically. If you gotta carry something up and down stairs take one thing at a time. That way you gotta go up and down even more.

Jonny Worldbeater

I do about 2-3 hours at the gym and I try to get in about 2 or 3 times a week.

Workout mainly consists of about 15-20 minutes of floor stretches, 15 minutes to a half hour with the weight machines and hand weight exercises, and about 30 minutes worth of cardio in two sets if I can manage.

But usually, I start everything off with some exercises  from the FARMER BURNS LESSONS IN WRESTLING & PHYSICAL CULTURE:

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competition/Burns/lessons/lesson01.htm