News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Beheading on a Bus in Canada

Started by Cory, August 03, 2008, 11:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

I talked about it with a few members in the shoutbox, but for those who are oblivions this this, here is the story:

QuotePORTAGE LA PRAIRIE -- The man charged with second-degree murder in the bizarre killing and decapitation of a man on a Greyhound bus made his first court appearance yesterday morning.

With a bruised face, bandaged hand and clenched fists, 40-year-old Vince Weiguang Li of Edmonton stood in front of Judge Rocky Pollack in Portage la Prairie provincial court. When asked if he wanted a lawyer, he did not speak.

Li, his legs shackled, quietly shuffled into the room with his head bowed. He did not make eye contact with anyone the entire time he was before Pollack.

He did not reply when the judge asked him if he was going to get a lawyer and only nodded slightly when asked whether he was exercising his right not to speak.

The accused, wearing a grey T-shirt and prisoner's vest, had close-cropped hair and appeared to be about five-foot-nine, with a stocky build.

Passengers had described the man who fatally stabbed Winnipeg resident Tim McLean Jr., 22, as a big man who weighed at least 200 pounds.

Crown attorney Larry Hodgson requested a psychiatric evaluation of the accused, but the judge said Li has the option to seek counsel first.

"It's early and I think the judge just wants to respect his rights to ... speak to counsel, and he's giving him that opportunity," Hodgson said outside court. "I don't think it will be very long that they'll allow him to (be without a lawyer)."

Li is scheduled to appear in court again Tuesday.

He was arrested early Thursday morning on the Trans-Canada Highway about 20 km west of Portage following a roughly five-hour standoff with police.

Police said Li remained inside the Greyhound bus after allegedly stabbing McLean -- the man sitting next to him -- with a hunting knife before brutally defiling the victim's body.

RCMP have not revealed a motive for what was possibly the most gruesome and shocking murder in Manitoba history.

Fellow bus passengers said the attack appeared to be unprovoked. It happened about 8:30 p.m. while the eastbound bus, carrying 37 passengers and the driver, was about 20 km west of Portage on the Trans-Canada.

The incident has drawn worldwide media attention, from 24-hour cable news networks in the U.S. and radio stations in the Netherlands to newspapers in Australia and websites based in Asia.

So pretty much, the guy stabbed the victim 40-50 times with a hunting knife. Then cut his head off and taunted the passengers who were outside of the bus, by sticking it out the window. He then  walked outside and dropped the head in front of the people, then went back to, well......listen to the audio below.

Here is an audio of the police talking, the last thing said at the end is fucking 'shocking'.
http://www.thestar.com/fpLarge/video/471636

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

JaceGryphon

Wow....that's just....fucked up in so many ways.

Excaligore

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Cory

Hes Asian, which means he's probably from Vancouver, which is a part of Asia.

Not Canadian.

TheNthDegree

There's more to this story too.

The guy after beheading the victim proceeded, according to police communiques, started eating chunks of him.

Needless to say I'm never ever going on a bus again. EVER. >_>

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Cory that makes no sense that would be like me saying Little Mexico and China Town don't qualify as being part of the US lol
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Cory

Quote from: TheNthDegree on August 03, 2008, 05:23:36 PM
There's more to this story too.

The guy after beheading the victim proceeded, according to police communiques, started eating chunks of him.

Needless to say I'm never ever going on a bus again. EVER. >_>

Yeah, that was the sercret I tried to hide so people would listen to the audio at the bottom of my post.

Regardless, fucked up shit.

And Dom, it's just something everyone does to fuck with 2 parts of Canada.

We say Quebec is a little place filled with Poutine and Chese and they should all go back to France, and we don't act like they're 'Canada', even if they have the hottest women on THE PLANET.

Vancouver is the same. 80% of the population is Asian, so they too arent in 'Canada'.

T Jay

So wait, we can't ride in buses now because Silence of the Lambs will happen, and we can't fly in planes either cause of 911. We can't take ships, cause we'll sink like Titanic, and we can't even drive our own cars because gas prices sky rocket...

We're all destined to be stuck at home efedding for the rest of our lives.

And that is totally fucked up by the way. I could understand the beheading and stabbing, people get pissed, shit goes crazy. But the eating, weird.

The thing I want to know is they said he's 40, why all of a sudden do something like this. You don't just live 40 years and then decide to stab, behead and possibly eat somebody.

TaNK

The Murph

Yeah people say Quebec is not part of Canada and then claim Newfoundland is expendable lol. Because the billions of dollars that Ottawa is stealing from us can be just taken from some other province. But that's politics in Canada for you.

As far as this incident goes I wanted to wait until I knew what to say about this. Basically this is a sad incident and I really do pity the family of Tim McLean. This is something a family could probably never get over and from what I've read he was a very friendly individual who would never harm anyone. So even though we do make jokes about stuff like this we probably should keep from doing it.

And for every bit I pity his family, I pity the passengers on that bus 10 times more. I really don't know what it would be like to see something like that and try to carry on your every day life. This man took more then one life because some of these people will probably never go a month straight without thinking or dreaming of this. I hope they all recieve the help they need and shouldn't have to recieve as this should never have happened. I also commend the bus driver for making sure everyone was safe and sound that could be saved. And also the passengers who stayed outside the door with crowbars, and hammers to keep him from getting out and harming anyone else.

I should mention that he didn't actually come outside and drop the head and go back in. The bus driver had his a security feature which disables the doors from possibly opening. He walked in front of the door, mocked the people, and then dropped the head. Everything else though that has been said is sadly accurate.

Now what I say next is not to insult people here from America. This does not happen in Canada. I do know it happens in the States quite a few times over periods of time so a lot of people in here from America might have at some point read about something along the same lines, and might even know people who have been there. But this does not ever happen in Canada. So the fact that it HAS happened is a huge shocked to all Canadians.

I also agree with Teej. We would all like to know why. 40 years of a quiet life. And then just snaps and goes from being a normal guy to being a monster. The best word I can think of in this case is simply this. FUBAR.

Dave Johnson

Judge

Dave Johnson