News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Efed Sites: The content you like to see?

Started by T Jay, August 06, 2008, 12:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Jay

So, as usual Brandon and I are constantly trying to shape and mold AWR into one of the decent efeds, which causes my brain to constantly be storming for ideas. So here is a question that I'm kind of curious to here some answers too. What kind of content or information do you like to see on the main pages of efeds or sub pages? Stuff like Rosters, Champions, Rankings, Rp of the Week (or variations of it), Columns, and so on and so forth.

What kind of content and information keeps you interested and coming back for more?

Tritch

I loves sites that have steady navigation including Roster, Shows, Champions, History, etc.

Columns and weekly awards are great ideas, because it gives extra incentives to people who might not be in the title picture, or are trying to get their name in the title picture.

VWF's Fan Site was the first I'd ever seen of it's kind, but I love the idea. Once again an extra incentive, and really gives possible joinees a first and close look at the federation.

I also like the idea of having a page with all the current storylines. It creates an easy way to bring new people and possible joinees an idea of what's going on in the promotion, without having to read ALL of the past results.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

T Jay

Quote from: Tritch on August 06, 2008, 12:19:27 AM
I loves sites that have steady navigation including Roster, Shows, Champions, History, etc.

Columns and weekly awards are great ideas, because it gives extra incentives to people who might not be in the title picture, or are trying to get their name in the title picture.

VWF's Fan Site was the first I'd ever seen of it's kind, but I love the idea. Once again an extra incentive, and really gives possible joinees a first and close look at the federation.

I also like the idea of having a page with all the current storylines. It creates an easy way to bring new people and possible joinees an idea of what's going on in the promotion, without having to read ALL of the past results.

The VWF Fan Site is definitely the first and only time I ever saw anything of it's kind.

But I've never seen a page with current story lines before, that's an interesting idea.

Tritch

VWF has one of those too, that's where I got the idea from. But after I read through the entire page I noticed it hasn't been updated since 07, lol.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

TaNK

I've always liked rankings, gave me something to shoot for.

Duckman

One thing I'd stick with if you can guys is the layout and information you guys had on the original site and forums.  I thought that it was one of the best laid out and easy to navigate feds I'd seen in a long time.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.