News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

In Need Of Someone Who Can Do Web Designing

Started by Russ, August 07, 2008, 07:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/7339/mainpagehi5.png

That's my fed's main page at the moment... but it's too bland in my opinion. Is there anyone who knows how to make it look better/more interesting/more professional?

I love Premier WC's homepage, and I love the e-knights main site homepage; so if anyone knows how to get HIW's site anywhere NEAR as slick as the aforementioned sites pls help!!!!

:D
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

T Jay

Quote from: Scorpio on August 07, 2008, 07:31:51 AM

That's my fed's main page at the moment... but it's too bland in my opinion. Is there anyone who knows how to make it look better/more interesting/more professional?

I love Premier WC's homepage, and I love the e-knights main site homepage; so if anyone knows how to get HIW's site anywhere NEAR as slick as the aforementioned sites pls help!!!!

I'd help you if I could I really would, but I'm just not that great at web design, well I'm decent but not good enough to help others. I too am in aww of the Premier WC's homepage and would love something like that for AWR. I can tell you this much, I believe Premier WC's web page is done in photoshop (you'll have to ask Kendell though) Anything with links is just slices that are set to be linked, and the informational stuff at the top under the banner, the middle section, and the affiliates are done with iframes.

I'm almost positive that's how it goes. But also, I'm no where near good enough in photoshop to make anything like that either, lol.

If your any good with photoshop and can talk to Kendell you might be able to put something nice up. She made a layout for Watkins for his character and I was able to get it all set up for him online. So I know how to take whats created and sliced into ImageReady and set up online, but I don't know much about creating it.

Good luck though!

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Scorpio on August 07, 2008, 07:31:51 AM

Bug Jesse Gunn.

*is then gagged and thrown into a black van*

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Russ

I've had a good old go at it and think I managed to crack a decent site...

Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Level-One

Russ

Kendell Smith

Nice job!

Yea all of premier's stuff is done with photoshop, slices and iframes. You ever need a hand with anything give me a shout but by the looks of things you have it under control! Looks great!

Russ

I did mine by making the image the background to a table and adding linking pictures into the table... seems to have worked

thanks for the comments guys

T Jay

Quote from: Kendell Smith on August 07, 2008, 06:13:21 PM
Nice job!

Yea all of premier's stuff is done with photoshop, slices and iframes. You ever need a hand with anything give me a shout but by the looks of things you have it under control! Looks great!

Teach Watkins your ways so he can make one for AWR....  ;D

Kendell Smith

I'll give him a little tutorial when I'm on msn tonight. Watkins has skills so the coding shouldn't be too hard for him.

Brandon

T Jay

Take the damn tutorial Watkins, or I'm moving the staff at PWC!

Kendell Smith

I'll tell ya what to make it easier for all involved when I get home from work I'll do up a complete tutorial with pictures and all. We'll call it 'The Dummies Guide to iFrames and PS slicing'. I'll make it fool proof and i'll post it on the EK forums just to show you how I went about coding my layout and the PWC site. I'm telling you there's really nothing to it, I perfected it in a few hours and if I can learn it in a few hours then the rest of you can learn it in a few minutes.