News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Mosque at Ground Zero

Started by Gary, August 15, 2010, 06:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple B

My people don't blow stuff up.  How dare you speak out against my Buddhist breatheren!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Black Death

Quote from: Triple B on August 17, 2010, 03:47:25 AM
My people don't blow stuff up.  How dare you speak out against my Buddhist breatheren!

Buddha be praise!!!!
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

JD Storm

Quote from: RickRampage on August 17, 2010, 03:26:36 AM
Okay, here is the thing. The Muslim faith didn't cause 9/11. People that have twisted sections of the Muslim religion to meet their own agenda caused 9/11. These people could have been Buddhists and they would have done what they did. Religion has nothing to do with what happened and to persecute and call for the Mosque not to be renovated or built there is simply ridiculous. Anyone who finds it insensitive truly needs to stop being stupid. Besides, Christians aren't any better. We've falsely burned people at the stake and destroyed countries claiming God wanted us to do so. It's not the faith, it's the people who twist it that are to blame. To tell some one that they can't practice their religion near ground zero is more insensitive then putting the Mosque there in the first place.
if it had been Christians doing the 9/11 attacks, everyone would be distrusting of them too. like it or not, the only thing that most people notice is the fact that the terrorists were Muslim.  my main gripe is definately that the Muslims aren't showing any sensitivity towards the 9/11 attacks. nevermind the right to religion. it would be like going to a black man & calling him various racial slurs. you may have freedom of speech, but it's foolish to use the racial slurs.

couple video links i'm posting, while i'm thinking of it. the first 1 is about the Mosque at Ground Zero. the other is on Islam, in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFzFIDbKpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEXWjlgJ83E

are these videos full of crap or do they hold a certain amount of truth? you be the judge. i find it something to at least think about.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Terrorits caused 9-11...not Muslims...there should be no controversy.

If people wanna move on from what happened in a positive way from that awful day they need to stop questioning stupid shit like this.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Judge

Ya'll do realize there's already a mosque really close to ground zero right?  This isn't going to be a mosque.  it's a community center with cooking schools and basketball courts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38731398#38731398

Spend the 10 minutes and watch this video.  It breaks it down perfectly as to what's going on.  All this is is fearmongering and bigotry from politicians and ignorant rednecks trying to shove an agenda down our throats.

Jon Tees

I still remember the  images  of the American Muslims out in the streets celebrating after the 9-11 attacks and acting as though we had just gotten exactly what we deserved. These people hid behind their American citizenship and protected rights. Granted they weren’t involved in the attacks perpetrated by radical Muslims, but they certainly condoned and celebrated the attacks at least many of them did. In fact debris and landing gear from one of the hijacked planes landed on the building in question here which is why there is so much controversy . Many people see it as another way for American Muslims who celebrated the attacks to flag their noses at the victims and their families. There are countless mosque in NYC and one just two blocks away from this site. Why not just build a community center without the mosque? Just because you have the right to do something doesn’t mean its a particularly great idea especially when you take other people’s sensitivities about what happened into consideration.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Zombie Gunn

Quote from: Big Daddy Tees on August 18, 2010, 07:52:51 AM
I still remember the  images  of the American Muslims out in the streets celebrating after the 9-11 attacks and acting as though we had just gotten exactly what we deserved. These people hid behind their American citizenship and protected rights. Granted they weren’t involved in the attacks perpetrated by radical Muslims, but they certainly condoned and celebrated the attacks at least many of them did. In fact debris and landing gear from one of the hijacked planes landed on the building in question here which is why there is so much controversy . Many people see it as another way for American Muslims who celebrated the attacks to flag their noses at the victims and their families. There are countless mosque in NYC and one just two blocks away from this site. Why not just build a community center without the mosque? Just because you have the right to do something doesn’t mean its a particularly great idea especially when you take other people’s sensitivities about what happened into consideration.

Do you have proof of this?  I come from the town with the highest number of afghans per capita in the country and my experience is that after 9/11 they went out of their way to promote America in every way they could.  This is while not just their faith, but their home country is being invaded.  I remember video clips being shown of Afghan people dancing through the streets shown right after 9/11.  It was STOCK FOOTAGE from weeks prior to 9/11 where they were celebrating something entirely different.  And this was IN AFGHANISTAN.  Not in America.

Triple B

Actually... after all this arguement?  It ISN'T a mosque.

It IS a community center to have a basketball court and offer cooking classes.  It's being built in the old Burlington Coat Factory building.

Also....

There is more prejeduce against Muslims in American than ever.  You know why?  Republicans need votes.  And they aren't going to get Republicans to the voters booth this year on the gay vote, like they did in 2000 and 2004.  They thought they would be able to do it against Obama in 2008 because he was black and that didn't work.  So now... they're gonna scare you with threats of Islamism of America.  They lost the battle on Health Care.  They lost the battle on Wall Street reform.  They lost the battle on Unemployment benefits.  This is their next idea to try and get the Tea Partiers to vote Republican, because they know they WON'T vote Democrat, and they need those votes to make any headway.

In the end....  The Democrats will continue to control the House, but will lose that magic 60 supermajority in the Senate, that doesn't mean dick anyway because they STILL can't get everything done.  Having the 60 seats is almost meaningless with this congress. 

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Level-One

Wow, finally a thread I can agree with the MAJORITY on...

Ignoring the U.S involvement in the attack themselves; this entire story, is simply being used to stirr up division. Especially, as the U.S is on the brink of an obvious war scenerio with Iran, likely initated by Israel. That isn't me saying, the organizers of this ''Mosque'' have anything to do with it--just that the opportune media, is using this story as another propaganda peice to stirr up disdain for their enemies and help overall illusion of war.

Coincidentally, I was on a few YT videos on this matter today and had a gut feeling, this made it's way onto EFK.

Zombie Gunn

Actually, I see republicans making a race to the middle. They WILL get the white racist vote, regardless so appealing to anti-muslim sentiment or even stirring it is counter productive to their cause.

See Meg Whitman, for example. She's essentially a democrat acting like a republican fiscally.

The big issue come elections will be the amount of money being spent by Obama (inflated to include money not yet spent but promised) and essentially trying to outrun the stigma of Bush. Appealing to the trailer park trash that thinks muslims are here to steal the whitehouse is the exact opposite of what they'll do.

Triple B

I disagree.  I think they realize they need the Tea Party, and the Tea Party is leading this anti-Muslim sentiment right now.  I think if ANY Republican comes out FOR this, or doesn't denounce it, they won't get the Tea Party vote.  They have some shitty people running for office, but they have a base.

Level-One

Quote from: Triple B on August 18, 2010, 01:50:55 PM
I disagree.  I think they realize they need the Tea Party, and the Tea Party is leading this anti-Muslim sentiment right now.  I think if ANY Republican comes out FOR this, or doesn't denounce it, they won't get the Tea Party vote.  They have some shitty people running for office, but they have a base.

To be specfic; part of the tea party is Anti-Muslim; 99% of these people, really are just conservatives though. The Sarah Palin co-opt, types. The real tea party (AKA, the tea party before it became mainstream and co-opted by the Republican party); isn't Anti Mulism by any means. I know for a fact there is large branches of the tea party that supports the building of the mosque because they support private property.

It's hard to really pin down the Tea Party vote; because the group is so varied between freedom lovers and war mongers in disguise. You certainly, can't get a half decent read from the media because apparently all they want to talk about is how most people in the Tea Party are racists. Which, is a hilarious spin point.

Zombie Gunn

Level One is right. (Did I really just type that!?)

In any political gathering there will be a small proportion of nutcases. If you asked each person what the tea party means to them, you'll likely get a lot of different answers. But very few will be anti-muslim. For the most part, they're for less big government and lower taxes.

And, not all the people that support the tea party are republicans. Chew on that.

RickRampage

WOW, this went a completely different way then the original path. Some people watch too much CNN News. Anyone who believes that Republicans are any where near as bad as Democrats is blowing smoke out their ass. I mean, we're talking about the same people who had to bribe their own people to get the Health Care plan passed, and yeah, the same people who have failed to give people jobs that last longer then a year. Democrats have taken shit and painted it gold, and anyone who believes it is naive. The presidential cabinet and the president himself have proven numerous times to be nothing more then corrupt, and to the point his own party has lost faith in him. Numbers show that having the support of Obama hurts democrats and they have turned to other Democratic Presidents like Bill Clinton. Whether Obama Supporters want to believe it or not, he just isn't getting the job done because he tries to play multiple sides and keeps himself from committing to one opinion, which is what he did as a Senator, and it will hurt him.

JD Storm

Quote from: Zombie Gunn: The Sequel on August 18, 2010, 12:21:57 PM
Do you have proof of this?  I come from the town with the highest number of afghans per capita in the country and my experience is that after 9/11 they went out of their way to promote America in every way they could.  This is while not just their faith, but their home country is being invaded.  I remember video clips being shown of Afghan people dancing through the streets shown right after 9/11.  It was STOCK FOOTAGE from weeks prior to 9/11 where they were celebrating something entirely different.  And this was IN AFGHANISTAN.  Not in America.
do you have proof that it's stock footage?