News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

End of the world

Started by Ally, September 09, 2008, 09:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

Well seeing as todays your last day on earth, how have you guys spent it? I wish i'd pulled a sicky...:(

Partical Collider machine thingy gets turned on at 08:30 GMT 10/09/08 re-creating the big bang.

I personally don't believe the hype and believe i'll be around to see what everyones thoughts are on this tomorrow, however just thought i'd bring up the topic.

For those who are unaware what I'm on about...

http://garymurning.wordpress.com/2008/08/17/tenth-of-september-2008-the-end-of-the-world/

However i have read an interesting comment, if we did create a device that had enough power to destroy the universe but we weren't quite sure if it would do that, it's simply human nature that we'd push the button to "find out" if it did or not.

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Bryan

last time i heard it was supposed to end in 2012 ???

i don't take this things very seriously. dates like it have been set before and have passed without much fanfare.

Rob

I would survive the big bang.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

I am the big bang, lol.

It'll actually be interesting to see what happens when they flip the switch on this machine.  Probably a big load of nothing...but you never know...

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

KenFucious

the whole scare comes from the machine and it's capability to make black holes. They said it's not a matter of 'if' but a matter of 'how big' the black holes will be. They estimate it will probably be a small one, killing itself off in a little while. People have gone so far as to try and legally have it stopped for fear that a black hole big enough to end the world could be produced.

Sounds pretty sweet.

Rob

I hope it does end. I don't want to go to work tomorrow. This life is so drab.
SixersEagles

[/center]

James Onlee

So i guess the time has passed and nothing happened?

Smash INC

They've cancelled the full run until the 10-11th of October I believe.

We've got another month to live!

Killa Jay

This is a quote directly from the site

QuoteLHC First Beam - 10th September 2008 - 9am CEST (GMT+2)

Some have said it may end up exactly like the movie "The Mist" anyone who has seen it will know what I mean.

Ally

Bah, that means i have another 2 hours to work before world end! :(

Black Holes and revelations, Muse where right!

So from this experiment we can gather that Muse are demi-gods or prophets.

On a side note, ive heard this can prove anything from time travel to a cure for cancer. Anyone know any more specifics on what this multi billion cross world experiment is hoping to achieve other than maybe kill us? And maybe see a miniscule version of how the universe started?

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I dont see the world ending as being a reason not to rp for Hard Steel if anyone asks  ;)
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Big Gay Honker

Well at least these Limey's of Europe will go before I do.  Wonder if all the black holes in the universe were actually experiments from other alien cultures what went wrong...

James Onlee

I just can't understand why anyone would risk the fate of the world on something like that.  Sure, it may help alot of things one day, but damn, its just stupid.  i'm sure we can prove all this shit without the black hole machine.  But, in case of giant black hole coming to destroy the earth, i'm voiting abyss to go slam it to see if his finisher name really holds up.

Duckman

Nothing will happen.  These particles crashing into each other happen hundreds of times a day in the earths atmosphere, it's how it works.  It's just this is the only way to study it happening.

The last time they did a big experiment like this they invented the internet to allow them to use scientists from all over the world.  So something on the computing side could be as a big as that.

Also, they've only just got one beam of particles going in one direction.  It's not until they get the other beam going and then collide them that anything near the moments after the big bang will be able to be recreated.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.