News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

End of the world

Started by Ally, September 09, 2008, 09:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Hopefully, they won't cross the streams.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Judge

Quote from: Duckman on September 10, 2008, 01:08:18 PM
The last time they did a big experiment like this they invented the internet to allow them to use scientists from all over the world.  So something on the computing side could be as a big as that.

Actually the WWW was invented by Tim Berners Lee while working for CERN, which allowed the exchange of hypertext documents over the already existing internet, which had existed since the late 60s.  It's only after the invention of HTML and the World Wide Web did the Internet as we know it (email, web sites, FTP, etc) take off.

Rob

I told you guys I'd survive.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ally

lol, well update...

They managed to get one stream of particles to go clockwise and anti-clockwise, as many have said already this was never going to be doomsday, its the media hype, this was pretty much "turn on phase one" part of the experiment.

In a few months they'll get the protons flying around in both directions at the speed of light and crash them into one another, THHHHATS when things get interesting. So you've all got a good 2-3 months to live yet.

However there has been astronomical progress for the first day, more so than they expected.

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Excaligore

Judge

Smash INC

Wiki is stating the proper "big red button" day as the 21st/22nd October.

Well, if the world does end it ends with Jericho as champion :D

Rebel Child

I think that one day scientists will tinker with something that shouldn't be tinkered with.

I do not think that it will be this machine, they've been working on it for what twenty years now?

If the world does end though?

No i told you so's in the after life

Ally

Quater of a century in the making. Its not a question of IF there will be black holes more of "how big" i dont think the world will end but ill be shocked if it goes smoothly. Either way its interesting to see where we are today in terms of tecnology!

Duckman

Judge, CERN are the guys who are doing this experiment as well. 

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

TaNK

So is there the possibility of some kind of inter dimensional alien that will cross over? One that will surely try to destroy the world? And the world is powerless to fight it?

Except for the badass known as TaNK ;)

Judge

Quote from: Duckman on September 11, 2008, 03:53:26 AM
Judge, CERN are the guys who are doing this experiment as well. 

Peace

Duckman

Yeah, but they didn't invent the internet like you said :)

Ally

Quote from: TaNK on September 11, 2008, 03:54:28 AM
So is there the possibility of some kind of inter dimensional alien that will cross over? One that will surely try to destroy the world? And the world is powerless to fight it?

Except for the badass known as TaNK ;)

More like a chance of a black hole opening and then sucking all life in our universe into it and just ceasing to exist. Basically we dont really know what would happen.

The black holes are going to be so small though that they shouldnt have an adverse effect on us at all, its if they get bigger and uncontrollable we're fucked.

Duckman

I said they came up with the system when doing their last big experiment as a way of communicating.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Excaligore

Eh, seriously, the world is going to end some time. If this does end the world I'm assuming it'd be instantaneous. I mean, seriously, if everyone died in an instance, who would be left to mourn about it?

On with the experiment, I say.