News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The last book you read?

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Gunn

Life After Doomsday by Bruce Clayton

FANTASTIC book.  Everything you needed to know to be a survivalist.

jagilki

World War Z (The Oral History of the Zombie Wars)

Before that...

*Sigh*  because of Sambo....

Yiddish Policeman's Union

Black Death

A lion Tale , story of chris jericho

Great read , laugh out load funny .  It ranks up there with Mankinds book.  I recomend it to all wrestling fans.

next book up is the Stand uncut... have a need to read it again
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

TaNK

I need a new book to read, I was thinking of getting one on Sonny Barger

Black Death

tank did you read that William Queen book?

TaNK

Sure did. YOu was right.. It was one of the best books I have ever read.

Black Death

just finish the uncut and complete Stephan King novel the Stand... one of his finest works .    the man can write a novel. 

next up little Farscape Action  book called House of Cards

TaNK

Just bought

"Running With The Devil; The True Story of the ATF's Infiltration of the Hells Angels" by Kerrie Droban.

Heard good things. Kinda slow so far but I am hoping that will change.

jayjames

"Dead As A Doornail" by Charlaine Harris

Excaligore

Last few books I read recently(Mostly picked on random from the library):

"The Trial" - Franz Kafka - Boring. Disappointing. Legendary writer apparently. Not a legendary book. Every single chapter had the exact same setting. Somebody's apartment. Honestly, from the description I find about a man who wakes up convicted of a crime, is never told what it is, and is crushed by a totalitarian government, sounded excellent. Like it was going to be full of deep social commentary and a cynical outlook on justice. It had a bit of the former, and a lot of the latter, but I generally felt it was unambitious and boring. Very very boring. Boring book. Basically a guy going around random court affiliated people's apartments trying to find out how he can win a case that he can't and them giving him random tidbits of philosophy and topical politics. Boring book. Nothing happens. Boring.

"The Dark Country" - Dennis Etchison - A grouping of a few short stories. Some well written. A lot, however, written at a very low reading level. But, not bad. Some are better than others. Few are just not that impressive. Few I thoroughly enjoyed. Funny there's are three in a row that speak on the "Evils of Organ Donorship" which just makes me shake my head. With everything from racists who pretend to be paramedics randomly harvesting people. To doctors choosing willfully not to help somebody because they are donors. Really silly message, I think. Still, a good read if you want two or there decent cheesy horror stories. I don't know, there are better books out there, I guess if you're bored you can check this out.

"The Extremes" Christopher Priest - Was ok. Nothing too brilliant. Well written. Sort of go nowhere. There's a bit of context with the very unsubtle internet/violence in virtual world references. The ending kind of goes insane. A lot of attempted brainfuck moments where you can't tell what's reality and what's not. Still, the main plot is kind of thin. I did enjoy reading it but it went on way too long. Way too much just general cyberpunk stuff based in the concept of virtual reality worlds that imitate mass murders. Lot a thought put into it. Not a lot of direction.

"The Neighborhood" - E.K.Epperson - Probably the only one I liked that much and I did like it very much. Not the most ambitious book in the world. Written in a very simple linear manner. Still, not a bad read. Easy reading level but eh. Written a lot more like a cheesy 80s horror movie than a book. Still, a lot of violent and disturbing moments and a few funnily sick moments. Some of which remain some of the most creative and interesting things to ever happen in anything I've read. There are some major consistency errors(A little girl in which has been kidnapped and killed which in some chapters they say is twelve years old and in others sixteen...). Still, a very bizarre and neat book that I would recommend to anybody who wants to simply read something laid back, easy to follow, and sick.

jagilki

The Road by Cormac McCarthy (sp?)

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Stephe Kings IT for a fourth time...

now going to finish Cujo
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Adam Michaels

I agree- the Jericho book was fantastic. It actually got me interested in reading some of the other wrestling biographies- some good, some not so much (I personally found Batista's a bit of a yawner)

But as for the last good book I read- "The Wheel Of Darkness" by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child.

Zombie Gunn

Just got done reading the zombie survival guide.  The more you know...

Black Death

Quote from: Adam Michaels on December 12, 2008, 08:58:29 AM
I agree- the Jericho book was fantastic. It actually got me interested in reading some of the other wrestling biographies- some good, some not so much (I personally found Batista's a bit of a yawner)

But as for the last good book I read- "The Wheel Of Darkness" by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child.

[/I like the ric Flair... also I recomend the Missy Hyatt book that was interesting read