News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Rebellion (Miami)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

I will agree to those terms Melissa.  Pleasure doing business with you.

Justin

Benjamin Lancaster please.

Benjamin I would like to offer Jacob Stance a contract for 3 years at $5 million a year.

Mike Powers

We're in the $6 million neighborhood chief.   

Justin

He's a second round pick therefore his market value is different.  $5 million with a $250,000 signing bonus.

Mike Powers

2nd round, 5th round, 8th round, it doesn't matter.  We know Jacob's value.  That value is $6 million dollars, though we will gladly accept the generous signing bonus you've offered as well.   

Justin

$5.5 million and $250,000 signing bonus.

Mike Powers

I'm going to cut you a break, because this is a new league, we're just getting acquainted and such. Normally, I'd have walked out of here without another word, and took my client where he'd be appreciated. But like I said, you get a break. And that break is this. I'm still standing here, giving you one final chance to sign my client.  3 years. $6 million. And a $500K signing bonus JUST BECAUSE YOU PISSED ME OFF.   

Now, do we have a deal?   

Justin

First off Benjamin, I do appreciate your client and his talents. If I didn't I wouldn't have drafted him. I believe in Jacob and what he can do for us. What I do not believe in is your reaction to these negotiations. I appreciate you fighting for your client but getting mad and yelling and making threats is not good for business nor is it professional and I will not tolerate it.   But like you said everything is new and we are setting to know each other so I am willing to cut you a break. As I mentioned, Jacob is a second round pick therefore his market value is less than what you think he should get, especially since has yet to wrestle a match in a league of this caliber. Part of my job is to be a goodsteward of my owner's money and I plan on bbeing just that. I say all that to say this...now that we understand where both sides are coming from I will agree to $6 million forn3 years but based on your yelling and threats the signing bonus is off the table.

Mike Powers

You're.....going to cut ME.....a break?  A league....of THIS calibre?  Let me explain something to you you little puke, and I'm going to be quick about it because I can't stand the smell of Panama Jack in this building.  Who in the hell do you think you are?  I'll tell you exactly who you are.  You're a nobody President of a nothing club in a league that may or may not have a future.  Team Combat Wrestling, right now, is just an idea.  Pie in the sky.  No shows have been run, no money has come in, no ratings.....NOTHING.  Meanwhile, Jacob Stance is a known commodity in the wrestling world.  Do you think, if he doesn't take your deal, that somehow his career is over?  Psssh, the EGO on you!  He could sign with any other club in this league, he could sign with James Hollis and Continental Wrestling, he could go back to touring the world like he's been doing for years.

But hey, one good thing has come from this.  You got to feel like a man, and stand your ground.  Good for you.  Hope that keeps you warm at night.  We're out of here.  Take it easy, loser.

Justin

Justin

Can I speak with The Profit please...

I would like to welcome you to Team Rebellion.  My offer is 3 years at $4 million a year and $500K in PR.

Mike Powers

It's about time that a club put on their glasses and saw what was standing right in front of their eyes!  Let me ask you, have you ever SEEN a specimen like me before?  Go ahead, take a good look.  I'm not shy.

Now, regarding the contract.  Look, let's be honest.  The ladies.....they LOVE me.  They come out to see me, and that puts money in your coffers.  In turn, I deserve a cut.  So, lets bump that salary to $5.5 million, and we can sign on the dotted line. 

Justin

You know what normally I would counter, but i love your charisma. You have a deal.

Justin

Can I speak with Jerzey please.

Jerzey I would like to sign your client Dominic Gonzalez to a 3 year deal worth $3.5 million a year.

Mike Powers

Yo, what's good playa'?  My man 'nic will sign fo dat, fo sho.