News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Summer Transfers

Started by Kenfucius, April 13, 2009, 08:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenfucius

So, who do you guys see as being subject to big moves in the summer?

Personally, I would not be at all surprised if Karim Benzema left Lyon for megabucks, probably to either Chelsea or Man City, who have to be in the market for big potential goalscorers. I don't think there's any doubt that this young man is one of the hottest properties in football today, and I don't think Lyon have the resources to keep him if a big offer comes in.

Also, I would not be surprised in the slightest if we saw Spanish football shaken up in the summer. Marcos Senna, Guiseppe Rossi (both Villareal), Sergio Aguero (Athletico Madrid) and Silva (Valencia) are all hot properties, and seeing any or all of them on the move would not be a shock. Personally, I could see Senna being the big summer signing by Real Madrid, Rossi would probably be a prime target for Milan in an effort to augment their aging (Inzaghi) and ineffective (Gilardino) strikeforce if they have the finances, and Silva and Aguero could find themselves subject to bidding wars, as any number of clubs would probably put them on their dream signing list at this point.

Not to mention, of course, David Villa. It's no secret that Valencia are in a less than stellar financial state, and to be honest I'm surprised he was still there this year.

Any others come to mind for the rest of you? If so, who and where?

Cory

Senna is pretty old, so I don't see Real chucking out huge bucks for him.

Seconded on Villa & Benzema. I think that's what Man City will go after this offseason.

Still hoping on Arsenal going after a new netminder, maybe Illoris(Lyon) or someone, need an upgrade and a few defenders.

Also, praying Podolski ends up in the Prem, he's a perfect striker. Fast, strong, and a ridiculous shot.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kenfucius

The reason I can see Senna moving, and for decent money, is because the position he plays is not one overly affected by age. That deep lying midfield role is where you want a more experienced head to settle things down, and however old he is, Senna is one of the top five in the world in that role right now. Real seems like a fair bet because Gago's a little too green, and they don't have anyone else really providing that influence, too many of their midfielders are attack minded.

Plus, Real chuck money at everything.

There's going to be other teams who could use him though, the debate is really whether or not they'll have the budget, because depending on the contract Senna currently has in place Villareal won't let him go cheaply.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal looking at a goalkeeper, that's a good shout. Dunno if it'll be Lloris though, Lyon only just picked him up this year and they're definitely looking at him as the next Coupet, they'll fight harder to keep him than Benzema at this point, I think.

Akinfeev of CSKA might be a possibility there.

What I wonder is whether Man Utd will be in the market for a goalie, Van Der Sar's still immense, but he's close to drawing his pension, and Foster has never looked convincing to me.

Podolski's a no-go, he's already agreed a return to his former club Koln, that goes through on July 1st.

Cory

Oh yeah, shit. I forgot that he went back to Koln or whatever.

Yeah, AKinfeev would be good, he looked good much like Arshavin during the Euro's for Russia....and probably wouldn't be overly expensive.

Also, I've heard Robinho is out...or well trying to get out of Man City, maybe hell go. Unlikely, but a possibility.

Kenfucius

According to the CL coverage I saw tonight, Ribery is apparently in Barca's sights.

Dunno if they were just saying that to make a very dull match seem a little more interesting, but if it's true, that's scary.

Eto'o is already the best goalscorer in Europe right now (26 league goals in Spain so far this year and leading on the Golden Boot award, on top of CL contributions), and that's with the team he's part of now. The thought of him on the end of the quality of creative play both Ribery and Messi on the same team could provide is mind-blowing.

Cory

Eto'o should go to the Prem....just saying. Everything is perfect with him and Henry(?) up front for Barca, but I heard last window Chelsea was intrested in getting rid of Drogba(cant see that now, hes playing amazing) and going after Eto'o.

But yeah, Ribery/Messi would be sick.

Kenfucius

Henry's still there, but he hasn't been anywhere near as good as he was at Arsenal. Bad form last year and injuries this time out, plus he's getting on in years.

And Eto'o in the Prem isn't as far fetched as it might sound, his contract at Barca is up in Summer 2010, if negotiations don't go well, they might just be tempted to take the cash and pick up another option from somewhere else.

Eto'o out, Villa in, perhaps?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

United will sell Ronaldo in the summer and use some of the cash to pump into signing Karim Benzema. I know about Madrid and what they can offer Ronaldo, I just think given his recent form...well his form all season...if someone offered me 75 million for him I would bite their hand off.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Fucking Madrid, aren't they like 700million in debt or something?