News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

WORLD CUP COMMERICAL

Started by Exile, May 20, 2010, 11:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exile

Directed by Allejandro Innitau who did Babel and 21 Grams. Reminds me a bit of the NFL leave nothing commericals that michael mann did but I like this one better.

Without further ado....

Rob

Yeah it is really awesome. I joined the facebook group and waited for it to be unveiled at 6pm last night. Does a great job of making the World Cup seem like the most important competition in the world.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Like how Ronny is playing for brazil in this one.....

regardless. Sick commercial.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Ronaldinho has shoes and no ticket.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

But lets be honest, hes been on fire for Milan. Its stupid idiotic not to bring him or Pato.

Kirk

Drogba could never go past that many players. He'd have fallen over and pretended he was dying before he got anywhere near the penalty area.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on May 21, 2010, 10:49:03 PM
But lets be honest, hes been on fire for Milan. Its stupid idiotic not to bring him or Pato.

John Barnes...was always on fire for Liverpool...couldnt do fuck all in an England shirt. Ronaldinho might be a great talisman, but he is also a selfish cunt when it comes to playing at the national level. I think Brazil these days are trying to get away from that in favour of team play. The greats like Pele and that were even better when those around them played with them.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jennifer

Quote from: Kirk on May 27, 2010, 07:52:04 AM
Drogba could never go past that many players. He'd have fallen over and pretended he was dying before he got anywhere near the penalty area.

QFT.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Quote from: Ian on May 27, 2010, 08:29:09 AM
John Barnes...was always on fire for Liverpool...couldnt do fuck all in an England shirt. Ronaldinho might be a great talisman, but he is also a selfish cunt when it comes to playing at the national level. I think Brazil these days are trying to get away from that in favour of team play. The greats like Pele and that were even better when those around them played with them.

Hes still quality, and he had one hell of a year compared to some of the players picked. Ramires (never heard of him), Nilmar, Kleberson (very injury prone) were all picked over arguable AC's best player. Im not a ronny fan, and hes a ball hog, but im just syaing. His skill/form this season, and his experience would have been a great addition to the squad.

Duckman

I've got to agree with Cory on this one.  He's playing at a much higher level of football than those picked ahead of him.  Plus his record for AC Milan this season shows he's back in form and in a tournament like this you want form players who know how to perform on the big stage.

Pato not going isn't the end of the world as he's got years left on him.  Leaving out Ronaldinho after the season he's had seems more like Dunga stamping his authority on the team (see Hoddle with Gazza in 98) than a true footballing reason.  It might bring more harmony to the team but they lose a real threat on the pitch.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Still,

easily the biggest disappointed by FAR is Zanetti not being picked by that idiot Maradonna.

Zanetti was if not the best, top 3 left backs in the world this year AT 35, argentinas former captain, and had like 130+ caps.

NOT PICKED.

I actually feel genuinely bad for the guy, and hope Argentina lose in the group somehow, even tho they got my boy Samuel in the backline.

Duckman

The fact they didn't take Cambiasso as well is a crime.  Two Champions League winning players - both excelled in the tournament and final and they're not going to the World Cup!  Insane!

Both of them should not just be in the squad but also in the starting 11.  SOMEONE has to win the ball for the 3 Maradonna clones they've got up front!!

Please note if the Argies win the World Cup I will cry.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Its one of those things, I dont have a home team to pull for because Canada doesn't take its soccer program seriously...I mean our world team head coach (Steve Hart) was one of my fucking youth coaches.....

so I usually just tend to enjoy the excitment, and pick my team based on players, and then I pick a darkhorse. I'm usually tentative to allign myself with either Germany or Netherland (more so Germany because Podolski's my boy, and Holland chokes EVERY YEAR), and this year Serbia's my dark horse...

but what Im trying to get at is that if Maradona wasn't a fucking drug addicted lunatic, and took Cambiasso and Zanetti, I'd hope for them. If they had those two, the would have 3 out of the 5 players from the best defensive team in the last decade (IMO), and that combined with the three Maradonas you mentioned up front wouldn't only make them favourites, but more exciting to watch, as you'd not only get the fast pace trickery that they already have, but you'll get some vicious (but clean) tackles, and some heated battles on the pitch.

But no, they had to get that piece of shit Veron, and 2 local players no one has ever heard of, and...if Zanettis age was to question, why take 35 year old Palermo up front, he's done shit all since leaving Spain.