Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Slipknot returns

Started by The Murph, July 19, 2008, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Murph

I just figured I'd post this here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ZX2I76dafM

It's the brand new video for Slipknots Psychosocial. It also contains a link to download the video in an MPG format and in great quality. This is a really great song and reminds me of Slipknot back from when they started. It does not sound like Stone Sour which is what I assumed it would turn out like when I heard of their new album.

The video is pretty basic. Slipknot, a fire, and rocking out. Nothing over the top, expensive, or what you wouldn't want to see metal icons doing. This is a throwback to what metal videos should be. They know they probably won't get played on commercial music channels so why try to put out some million dollar video.

This is the first time I've been excited for a cd release in quite a long time, I haven't even bought a cd since like 2005 or 2006, but I do plan on buying this disc. The first two releases are very solid and I assume the rest of the songs should be great too.

Dave Johnson

Used to be a fan, now they can piss off, I don't know why, but they get worse IMO, but I must say, this song is better then most of their others.

Tim-Æ

I'm not a huge fan of theatrics when it comes to bands. Their masks and their personas piss me off. I dug their first album when I was like 16, but as I grew older I just found their music to be really lame.

Though i will say that Wait & Bleed is one of the best rock songs ever, especially the Terry Date remix.

JaceGryphon

Just, awesome.  I'm not a huge Slipknot fan, but I do like their music.  This seems pretty good.

I don't get the mask thing either, but if it floats their collective boat...

Dave Johnson

Their masks are the best bit, Joey's is my favourite though. Older music was pretty good, but I think listening to other bands have turned me off them abit and I am not saying that in a sexual manner btw.

Draeden

The start reminded me of Fozzy. Probably the only good bit.

Corey looks like a complete faggot.

IMO they've always been a hit/miss band at best, some decent songs, most utter shit. Then again, I hate nu-metal. I used to like them because they were heavy and different, but after listening to proper death metal that blew this kind of crap away I lost interest very quickly. For me, the turning point was when Corey started "singing". Wait & Bleed was feeble because of it but it was the only time he'd done it until Stone Sour... now he sings on every track I've bothered to listen to thereafter. The worst part is, he can't even fucking sing.

I know lots of people like these guys and, as I say, this is just my opinion - but after seeing what else is out there... well, Slipknot = Fail.

David Jones

I love Slipknot, have since the beginning. This CD is going to frickin' own.

chunkylover

The new mask sucks.

but that is the best Slipknot thing I've ehard since Do Nothing/Bitchslap.

which is the one of the best single songs ever.

Dave Johnson

I completely agree with Kaladan.

Slipknot are a hit/miss band that most of the time just piss me off. After listening to proper death metal, Slipknot don't stand a chance or come close.

The Binge

I'm kind of into Slipknot, I don't mind them too much but some stuff is pretty shit. I am not sure if I actually like this song or not to be honest because it seems quite different to all their other stuff. Definately not as good as "Before I Forget". The new masks aren't as good, Corey needs his hair back.