News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Messi

Started by SPDougie, May 02, 2012, 07:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPDougie

Set the single season European scoring record today with 68 goals...that guy is just absolutely ridiculous.

JakeV

I know I'll get flak for saying this, but he may honestly be the greatest player ever. Even over Pele.

He is most definitely leagues and leagues ahead of any other player playing right now.

Believe!

SPDougie

Quote from: JakeV on May 02, 2012, 07:06:44 PM
I know I'll get flak for saying this, but he may honestly be the greatest player ever. Even over Pele.

He is most definitely leagues and leagues ahead of any other player playing right now.

You won't get any flack from me for saying it, but it's hard to compare players from different eras in any sport.  It's funny you say that though since my gf swears Ronaldo is so much better than Messi, but then again she is also a Real Madrid fan so you can see where that comes from lol.

Cory

Be careful, I claimed Messi the GOAT and heavy debates happened.

I agree hes the best player in the world (RVP died off last month), and already top 5 of all time. Personally at times I have him better than the Peles, ect and other times I weigh his international career against him.

Regardless, can't believe these last 3 years.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

SPDougie

Quote from: Cory on May 03, 2012, 12:34:42 AM
Be careful, I claimed Messi the GOAT and heavy debates happened.

I agree hes the best player in the world (RVP died off last month), and already top 5 of all time. Personally at times I have him better than the Peles, ect and other times I weigh his international career against him.

Regardless, can't believe these last 3 years.

I wouldn't put his international career against him too much considering how many matches they have to play each year now.  It just seems like to me he values La Liga and Champions League titles more than winning a World Cup and I can't really fault him for that since Barca are the ones paying his salary.

Cory

Only thing is Pele who put up similar numbers at a club level had even greater and legendary success for Brazil.

I think if your truly to be considered the GOAT you need to perform at both club and international levels. Messi doesnt play BAD for Argentina....but last world cup he was irrelevant. Did he even play in the copa america?

AT the end of the day, this was the single most dominate season of all time by a player, and Messi is truly unreal. Too bad he lost a coach and has no gold to show for it.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kirk

Ronaldo is a better all-round player than Messi, in my opinon. You could play Ronaldo anywhere and he would be good (except maybe in goal). Messi is fantastic in his position but Ronaldo is a better football player.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Insomnia

Jerry McClean

Greatest player of all time is always a silly discussion.

Out of interest how do you compare Messi to someone like Maldini?

Just enjoy the great talents whilst you can but be aware that there will always be footballers who can do incredible things.

Insomnia

I'd have liked to have seen Romário in his prime in this current side. Actually saw him play a game with Messi and their understanding was telepathic!

Callahan

Did somebody say Greatest of All Time?

Adam Wrong

I bring to the table the organised Chelsea defence shutting Messi down...

Attacking teams and the rest of Spain is one thing. Put an organised defence against him and at least onne man marking him out of the game and what you have is a very lightweight player who loses the ball under pressure...

I dont deny that he's bloody brilliant but would take Best in the Best era when he was ridiculously skillful in an era where you could actually tackle players over Messi any day of the week