News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

FWL Season 5 Rules/Regulations/Questions

Started by Fnord, January 20, 2016, 06:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: BamBamBunglow on February 05, 2016, 07:45:04 AM
If I remember rightly, Pancho even drafter Stephen Amell for Summerslam :)

The Panch is always a step ahead ;)

BamBamBunglow

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: BamBamBunglow on February 05, 2016, 03:26:27 PM
That why I got Pentagon Jr. in my lineup in S4? :)

Sloppy Seconds. I drafted him. You merely added him.

Drama Queen

The results of Honor Rising have just been added to the database site I use... http://www.profightdb.com/

It is billed as an ROH show here?

I'm curious if the FWL moderators use the same site, or how they decide on who is the host of cross-promotional shows.

It's important, because if this is the case, then next week my NJPW guys such as Okada and Tanahashi might all become non-title players (if this is the last show they perform in before the next deadline)

Alex Smiley

I don't think that's accurate, and the main reason why is the shows are on New Japan World, not ROH VOD. I'm fairly certain these are NJPW shows featuring ROH talent, in the way that War of the Worlds/Global Wars last year were ROH shows featuring New Japan talent.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Fnord

Correct. It's wherever the shows are first. It's already available on NJPW World, so it's a NJPW show.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Duckman

Just a quick question on Prince Puma/Riccochet.  If he's working NJPW, is he still classed as a main?  He hasn't won a main title in NJPW, but is the IWGP Junior Tag Champ.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Fnord

He's one of the "tricky" ones. It's the last place he's shown up. So if Prince Puma doesn't show up in Lucha for two weeks, but he shows up in in NJPW then he'd be Mid. If he shows up in Lucha he would transition over to Main.

As you can see with Neville. He was Non-Title in WWE, moved in to Main cause he wrestled in NXT and then moved back to Non-Title cause he showed up on Superstars that same week.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jon

Quote from: Fnord on March 07, 2016, 09:47:30 AM
He's one of the "tricky" ones. It's the last place he's shown up. So if Prince Puma doesn't show up in Lucha for two weeks, but he shows up in in NJPW then he'd be Mid. If he shows up in Lucha he would transition over to Main.

As you can see with Neville. He was Non-Title in WWE, moved in to Main cause he wrestled in NXT and then moved back to Non-Title cause he showed up on Superstars that same week.

Sounds like you're making it harder then it needs to be. Should just leave whatever his main promotion is as the roster spot he takes up (be it Main, Mid, Non-Title). Appearances in any other capacity is just an appearance and is nothing permanent.

Just my 2 cents though.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Goldferg

Yeah, I kinda agree with Jon here. It's probably easier to go with a 'is whatever he is in his main promotion, but if we know he's going to show up elsewhere where he has a different position we can also start him there' approach than is a main this week, is a non-title next week, is a main again the next week approach.

So like Neville would be a non-title most weeks, but if we knew that next week he was appearing on NXT we could start him as a main or an N-T
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Duckman

I'm cool with whatever Fnord decides on this.  Also worth keeping in mind that as LU is taped and NJPW is live, he could appear on both in the same week!  Which was one of the reasons I picked him - mucho points!

Fnord

Nah. I'm good keeping it as his position is his "last seen appearance" as I've done throughout the entire FWL history.

Drama Queen

Not that it's a discussion anymore, but I wanted to say that I like the rule as it is.

I like the unpredictability it adds, and I like the strategic element of the pros and cons... you want someone who can potentially earn more points by crossing over, then it's up to you to make sure you have back-up to cover his regular position. Pros and cons.

This is the entire reason I picked Mark Henry in one of my teams... if my NJPW guys make their last appearance of the week in ROH, they are no longer main, Henry comes off the bench to fill that spot for the next week.

Fnord

Quote from: Drama Queen on March 09, 2016, 07:00:46 PM
Not that it's a discussion anymore, but I wanted to say that I like the rule as it is.

I like the unpredictability it adds, and I like the strategic element of the pros and cons... you want someone who can potentially earn more points by crossing over, then it's up to you to make sure you have back-up to cover his regular position. Pros and cons.

This is the entire reason I picked Mark Henry in one of my teams... if my NJPW guys make their last appearance of the week in ROH, they are no longer main, Henry comes off the bench to fill that spot for the next week.

Yay positives! :)