News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Top 10 UFC fighters

Started by MitchMMA, October 16, 2008, 01:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchMMA

Well we know most every MMA website has their own "world MMA rankings" but I have never seen a rankings system that limits only UFC fighters so I thought it would be interesting to create my own list for each weight class. You can also reply with your list as well if you want.

Heavyweights: Weakest division in the UFC

1. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
2. Randy Couture
3. Frank Mir
4. Brock Lesnar (though I believe he'd smash Mir in a re-match)
5. Fabricio Werdum
6. Cheick Kongo
7. Cain Valasquez (future HW champ, he's a smashing machine)
8. Shane Carwin (see Cain, Shane is also a future champ IMO)
9. Heath Herring
10. Gabe Gonzaga (should probably be a tad bit higher on the list but meh)

Light Heavyweights: Strongest division in the UFC

1. Forrest Griffin (he's the champ bay bay, might not be dominant but he's tha champ)
2. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (Look for him to redeem himself against Wandy in dec and then work his way up to a title re-match)
3. Lyoto Machida (Cory won't like this lol but I truly believe Machida is top 3 in this division)
4. Shogun Rua (would be higher up if he fought more, I still consider him one of the best and he'll smash Coleman)
5. Rashad Evans (both him and Kos have proven that they are more than just wrestlers, Rashad might be the next champ.)
6. Chuck Liddell (Chuck really needs to make some adjustments if he wants to remain among the top 10 though.)
7. Wanderlei Silva (da mofucking Axe Murderer!! If he smashes Rampage again he'll be much higher on the list.)
8. Rich Franklin (Has been looking great at LHW recently, look for him to move up the list with more wins in this weight class.)
9. Keith Jardine (He needs to beat Vera if he wants to stay on this list though.)
10. Thiago Silva (I was gonna put Vera as number 10 but I think Silva is a freaking beast. I agree with Cory about Thiago being under appreciated, he needs some bigger wins though.)

Middleweight:

1. Anderson Silva (The greatest fighter of our generation next to Fedor. It makes me sad to hear that he is talking about retiring in 09 :( )
2. Paulo Filho (He is a WEC fighter but the WEC's MW and LHW divisions have been merged with the UFC so technically he is a UFC fighter now)
3. Dan Henderson (One of the best of all time, though it's hard to say if he is a MW or a LHW these days. He is slated to fight Rich at 205 soon.)
4. Nate Marquardt (This guy is a stud at 185 pounds, nuff' said.)
5. Michael Bisping (He looks like a fighting machine in this weight class. Let's see how he does against Leben on saturday though.)
6. Yushin Okami (the most under-rated fighter in this weight class. He deserves a title shot.)
7. Patrick Cote (one of the toughest fighters in the sport. Has a solid chin, knock out power and decent enough ground skills. He might shock the world at 90)
8. Martin Kampmann (I feel bad that he got knocked out by Marquardt. Kampmann is still one of the best in this division, he'll rebound from that loss.)
9. Thales Leites (Very good fighter at MW. Very good ground skills, etc.)
10. Demian Maia (sick jiu-jitsu, nuff' said.)

Welterweight:

1. GSP (One of the pound for pound best fighters in the world.)
2. Jon Fitch (he's like the terminator, keeps coming forward. This guy will someday get that belt I promise you.)
3. Thiago Alves (knock out machine. I do not see Koscheck being able to take this guy down, solid takedown defense. He's a future champ.)
4. Josh Koscheck (Phenomonal wrestler who has also evolved into somewhat of an aggressive striker. He's fighting Thiago at UFC 90.)
5. Diego Sanchez (he has a pace that not many fighters can handle. He is so intense, plus he has a sick ground game to boot.)
6. Matt Serra (he needs to fight more though. I still say he will knock Hughes the fuck out when they fight.)
7. Matt Hughes (was one of the most dominant champs in UFC history. Sick ground and pound but his days of domination are over.)
8. Yoshiyuki "Zenko" Yoshida (one of the most underrated fighters in this weight class.)
9. Mike "Quick" Swick (he's recently moved down to WW and has beaten both Josh Burkman and Marcus Davis by Decision. Let's see if he can finish Jon Goulet at fight fot the troops.)
10. Marcus Davis (WAR IRISH HAND GRENADE!!! lol)

Lightweight:

1. BJ Penn (he's the king of the lightweights. But his eye is on a super fight with WW champ GSP.)
2. Sean Sherk (he's explosive, sometimes his LnP style might be a bit un-exciting but no doubt he is the second best in the UFC's LW division right now.)
3. Kenny Florian (he's on fire, he needs a title shot soon. If he can beat Joe Stevenson he deserves to fight BJ next.)
4. Joe Stevenson (A very good fighter but I don't see him beating the three fighters above him... maybe Florian but not the other two.)
5. Roger Huerta (a bit of a whiny baby but a good fighter none the less.)
6. Tyson Griffin (if he can beat Sherk at UFC 90, he'll definitely move higher up on this list.)
7. Clay Guida (fucking juggernaut lol)
8. Spencer Fisher (he's top 10 for sure IMO.)
9. Nate Diaz (a bit of a punk but definitely talented.)
10. Gray Maynard (he's one of the best up and coming guys in the UFC. I can't wait to see him fight Rich Clementi at UFC 90.)

agree? disagree?

Cory

I had always wanted to make a division rankings, I may do one soon, but good list.

Heavyweights:
I agree 100000000% on Cain Velasquez. Love that dude.
Dont know about Kongo being that high
Herring probably shouldnt be on the list.
Ill agree with 90% of the guys.

Light Heavyweight:
Fuck Machida.
T. Silva should be at least 6th
Evans should be higher than Machida
Good list

Middleweight:
- Bisping should be higher than Marquardt, easy.
Agree with 98% of the dudes on there.

The rest, im good with. Great job Mitch!

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

MitchMMA