News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

FIGHTUK MMA

Started by FXBlade, February 04, 2015, 02:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXBlade

This is a Midlands based uk MMA promotion, and over the past week I managed to hook myself up with a "job" of sorts. Basically I am going to be a "backstage bitch" helping with ticketing, wristbands, set up, putting fighters in the right place at the right time, running around like an idiot.

Kind of don't care as its a look into how these events run, and potentially make some contacts to move further in the future. I did club nights/events when I was at university, so this is a new kettle of fish for me, but something thT also interests me.

Next event is in alfreton, Derbyshire on 7th March and the event is pretty much sold out. Although these names don't mean a lot to some, you never know one day!!!  Either way should be an awesome day.

FIGHT UK can today exclusively reveal the preliminary incarnation of their upcoming card which is set to take place on March 7th from the Alfreton Leisure Centre in Derbyshire. Tickets are available now, click here for more info.

The card heralds the start of a busy campaign for the midlands based promotion who seem intent on continuing to uncover the stars of tomorrow, whilst delivering some of the best mixed martial arts action around. First emerging in 2010, FIGHT UK has consistently delivered some of the highest quality action in the busy UK scene and fighters like Leon Edwards and Vaughan Lee are just two examples of the standard of talent.

The main event on March 7th will see highly touted Next Generation prospect Ellis Hampson look to galvanize his reputation as one of the best up and coming fighters in the UK as he locks horns with the always dangerous Max Cotton.

QuoteFIGHT UK 11

MARCH 7TH 2015

ALFRETON LEISURE CENTRE, DERBYSHIRE

Professional Bouts
LW – Ellis Hampson (Next Gen) vs Max Cotton (EKBJJ)

BW – Joe Rice (Nottingham MMA) vs Kyle Connolly (Drop Zone MMA)

FLY – Jack Young ( Derby Alliance) vs TBA

LW – Tomasz Szymon Koszminski (Nottingham MMA) vs TBA

LW – Josh Layton (Tap or Snap) vs TBA

Amateur bouts

LW TITLE – Mark Stredder (Nottingham MMA) vs Aaron McDonnell (Manchester Predators)

MW – Jay Chadburn ( Derby Alliance) vs Dylan McLoughlin (Next Gen)

BW – Callum Abel ( Impact MMA) vs Ben Ford (Amber Valley MMA)

WW – Afzal Khan ( Fearless MMA) vs Krystian Ostrowski (Exile Gym Southampton)

WW – John Connely ( Derby Alliance) vs Josh Plant (Impact MMA)

LHW – Jason Musson (Tap or Snap) vs Edgar Graundins (Amber Valley MMA)

BW – Josh Mottram ( Derby Alliance) vs Adam Wilson (Next Gen)

MW – Ben Greensmith ( Amber Valley MMA) vs David Pollack (Strike or Submit)

WW – Danny Tyler( Derby Alliance) vs Russ Wall (Tap or Snap)

FW – Ash Flint (Amber Valley MMA) vs Carl Hemsley (Nottingham MMA)

LW – Nathan Rich (Impact MMA) vs Adam McCarthy (Dropzone MMA)

LW – Ash Begg (Fearless MMA) vs Chris Wardle ( Drop Zone MMA)

WW – Kelvin Edwards (Strike or Submit) vs Malachi Lowe (Nottingham MMA)

HW – Nathan Parker (Amber Valley MMA) vs Dave Chamberlain (Exile Gym Southampton)

STR – Carly Elliot (Amber Valley MMA) vs Polly Beauchamp (Trojan Free Fighters)

Bouts to be confirmed

LW – James Dixon (Lions Gym) vs TBA

LW – Jake Ocean (Sukata BJJ) vs TBA

WW – Mya Dore (Pariah) vs TBA

BW – Hamza Afridi (Pariah) vs TBA

BW – Cheya Saleem (Fearless MMA) vs TBA

LW – Kanan Scottney (Nottingham MMA) vs TBA

LHW – Russell Mason ( Nottingham MMA) vs TBA

FW – Jimmy Rae ( Drop Zone) vs TBA

BW – Chris Crow ( Dropzone MMA) vs TBA

LW – Luke Stout (Tap or Snap) vs TBA

MW – Daley Hitchin (Next Gen) vs TBA

Further bout information to be confirmed nearer to the event. Tickets are available now, click here for more info.

Cory

Congrats man, sounds very cool indeed, and you hit it right on the head, networking. Talk to people, make contacts.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Duckman

This is great news Blade, well done buddy. Always good to see someone getting involved with something that actually interests them.  Be sure to keep us updated on how it all goes.  And best of luck for your next show!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.