News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Arlovski interview.

Started by TaNK, November 21, 2008, 04:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaNK

http://dreamfighters.com/?p=438

DreamFighters.com was able to catch up with Andrei Arlovski after his training day to chat about a few things. We touch bases on Crocop, boxing, police force, fedor and more!

DreamFighters.com: Andrei, thank you for taking the time for speaking to me at
DreamFighters.com

* No problem. It’s my pleasure.

DreamFighters.com: How is training going right now? Who are you training with?

* Training is going well. My training team is the same as always. Sean Bormet and John Kading in wrestling, Dino Costeas in jiu jitsu, Freddie Roach and Michael Garcia in boxing, Tim Allegretti and Alex Satia in strength and conditioning

DreamFighters.com: How are you training different for your title fight against Fedor E. ?

* My training is the same as always

DreamFighters.com: What is you gameplan against a fighter like fedor? (mainly what
aspect of fighting do you think you are better than Fedor at?)

* You should be able to see it on Jan 24th

DreamFighters.com: If you win against Fedor, is there anyone else besides Fedor you
would like to fight or have a rematch with?

* I never choose my opponents that is promoters job. There are a lot of great heavyweights out there

DreamFighters.com: Dana White has recently said he would like you back in the UFC -
Would you ever go back to the UFC, or is Affliction your new home?

* I have a great relationship with Dana, Lorenzo and a lot of people at the UFC. At this time I have a contract with Affliction that I will full fill. I always full fill my obligations. Who knows what happens then?

DreamFighters.com: There was much talk before about you making your Pro boxing debut -
Still plan to do that or no?

* Yes, That is something I like to do

DreamFighters.com: Not many people know that you were a police officer back in Belarus.
What made you want to be a police officer, and what changed your mind
in comming to the USA to fight in the UFC?

* I always wanted to be a police officer. I admire people of the police forces a lot. In my opinion it is one of the most important, dangerous and psychologically difficult jobs out there. When the opportunity to fight in the UFC was presented I could not pass. I had to try this for myself

DreamFighters.com: Do you still travel back to Belarus? And if so, do people recognize
you as a big celebrity?

* I go to my home country all the time. More and more people starting to recognize me there and give me their support.

DreamFighters.com: Many fans know you were a bodybuilder back in the day. Many fans
would like to know what kind of weight training routine Andrei
Arlovski goes through?

* I do a lot of cardio and functional training. Also I incorporate free weights sometimes.

DreamFighters.com: Was there a fighter in particular you looked up to when first
entering the sport of MMA?

* Yes, Mike Tyson

DreamFighters.com: What do you think of Mirko Crocop’s current situation, as he lost
2 out of his last 3 fights, and his last fight (overeem) he looked
very out-match - As a fighter, do you think he is at a point where he
needs to hang up the gloves, or are fans over analyzing his current situation?

* Fight game is 90% mental. I think Mirco still has everything he needs to be dominant force in the sport. Mentally he needs to bring his game back. All fighters go through this stage sooner or later.

DreamFighters.com: Is there anyone in particular you would like to thank? Sponsors,
Fans, people?

* I would like to thank all my fans, friends and family for their love and support over the years. Also, I would like to thank all of my sponsors that are in my corner. Some of them, such as Prestige Auto and Geneva Seal, truly became the members of my team. And special appreciation I would like to extend to the members of my team. Please visit the “Team PitBull” section on my site www.arlovski.com where you can read about them

DreamFighters.com: Andrei, we really appreciate you taking the time to speak to us.
We at DreamFighters.com have always been huge fans.

* Thank you very much for your support. God Bless.

Cory

Arlovski is one of my more favourite fighters, and second favourite heavyweight. Down to earth guy, and I can't wait for him and Fedor to knuckle up.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

TaNK

I really liked his response about Mirko though, it seems like Andre was going through that for awhile. I can't for his fight with Fedor. Its going to be a good one.