NFLish Debate #36: Who wins Heisman, does it affect who goes @ #1?

Started by Cory, December 10, 2013, 02:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Cory

It think its a two horse race between Winston and Manziel, Manziel has better stats by Winston has a better record, but I dont think it'll affect who goes #1.

When Clowney does the combine, he'll be impossible to pass-up for the Texans if they finish last, as I do believe theyll go the Shanahan Cutler route.

I think regardless of his failure to live up to the hype, Clowney will post numbers at the combine that will be truly terrifying. He'll run a 4.4 forty and get at least 30 on the BP, and probably shatter DL shuttle records. Clowney and Watt will be as terrifying as Reggie White and Jerome Brown were in the 90s.

Jon

Winston wins and no, it won't effect who goes #1 since he won't be eligible in the 2014 draft.

I think if the Texans finish the season as the worst team, they select a QB, unless they pick one up in free agency or via trade (Big Ben).

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Quote from: Jon on December 10, 2013, 04:47:12 PM
Winston wins and no, it won't effect who goes #1 since he won't be eligible in the 2014 draft.

I think if the Texans finish the season as the worst team, they select a QB, unless they pick one up in free agency or via trade (Big Ben).

I think the tandem of Watt and Clowney will be too much to pass on.  Bridgewater is good, but his body mimicks that of RGIII and is proned to take some shots.  I wouldn't be my franchise on him.

Cory

Derrick Carr has the tools to probably be the most adaptive rookie QB, and he might slip I think.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: JustinP on December 10, 2013, 04:55:02 PM
I think the tandem of Watt and Clowney will be too much to pass on.  Bridgewater is good, but his body mimicks that of RGIII and is proned to take some shots.  I wouldn't be my franchise on him.

I've watched a good bit of Teddy this year and while he's body looks like RG3, his playstyle is quite the opposite. He has the ability to run for a first if needed, but prefers to stay in the pocket and look for the open receiver.

Its Famous Jamies and not even close. I see Tre Mason jumping into the draft and some team taking him a round or two before he should go. There is no such thing as a first round RB any more.

Justin

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on December 10, 2013, 11:20:55 PM
I've watched a good bit of Teddy this year and while he's body looks like RG3, his playstyle is quite the opposite. He has the ability to run for a first if needed, but prefers to stay in the pocket and look for the open receiver.

Its Famous Jamies and not even close. I see Tre Mason jumping into the draft and some team taking him a round or two before he should go. There is no such thing as a first round RB any more.

Agreed about Bridgewater's style, but I still don't think he's worth burdening his shoulders with the next five years of your franchise.

The TeeJ of Philly

Really Houston wouldn't be a bad spot. They're the team that everything went wrong on.

Justin

Houston will be back near the top next season.  This is just one of those seasons where for some reason, everything goes down the crapper. They will be back to form next season.

Cory