Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NFL Debate #37: RG3

Started by Cory, December 11, 2013, 02:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

I think when Shanahan gets fired, he'll be back starting. Their team is very poor all around, reminds me a lot of Philly last year.

- Great back in Morris that can take pressure off RG3, but very poor play calling, dont run the ball enough.
- RG3 clearly hasnt been at 100% (which while great for Philly) has taken years off his career.
- That o-line, god, bottom of the league. Not helping RG3 out, Cousins will struggle too (ala Vick/Foles last year)
- Lets be honest, receiver corps isnt too great. Jordan Reed is an emerging tight end, and Garcon is a good WR 2, but they dont have much in terms of a receiving threat.

Justin

Being a diehard Redskins fan, I must say it is time to sit him out the rest of the season and let the man heal.  He should have never started the season to begin with.  Adrian Peterson is the worst thing to happen to football with the way he bounced back from his knee injury.  Everybody is going to look towards coming back earlier and earlier.  He needs to rest the knee and put on 30 pounds of muscle, because his current frame can't take too much beating.

Shanahan's play calling is suspect.  We are not utilizing the talent we do have.  O-Line is terrible, defense couldn't stop Ryan Leaf if he was still playing.  We just need to revamp, unfortunately we won't be able to do too much in the draft because of what we gave up for RGIII.  I still think he is the right QB for the franchise, but needs to completely heal and put on some weight.

Cory

In perspective, it just continues to re-affirm that Adrian Peterson is this generations Bo Jackson in terms of physical ability.

Hondo

Any coach worth his salt, whether he likes the guy or not, should have shut the guy down once they were out of reasonable playoff contention. (Actually, he should have started the year on the bench and stayed there until he could get back to being reasonably mobile.)

There's a lot invested in the guy, he's shown he has a natural gift for the game, but he needs to run in order to be RG3. We saw that this year, with Griffin being mostly a pocket passer, he needs that extra dimension to his game to make his passing game work. It's like putting Nolan Ryan in the game, and telling him he can't pitch, he can only go to bat.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

I think too if Cousins does well these last few weeks, he could be good trade bait.

Jon

Don't think they would trade Cousins, even if he does really well, due to the fact of how fragile RGIII is.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors