News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate #38: Romo

Started by Cory, December 17, 2013, 11:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

NO POLL! WTF!?

Figured not all of these needs polls, so with that being said if you guys were Jerry Jones (thankfully your not a crazy old man) what would you do with Tony Romo this off-season?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

I think its time to cut ties. Someone like Ben Roethlisberger would be a perfect fit for Dallas, and while Big Ben might not have the stat line that Romo often has, hes arguably the most consistent QB in the NFL, and is very clutch and has what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

Romo is still a good QB, well above the average, he can toss 30-35 TDs a a season, but the fact that hes due for a huge payday and clearly will never win the super bowl, I think Dallas looks elsewhere, tho I hope they keep him for the next 5 seasons while Philly quickly rebuilds.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

T-Bonizzle

Romo isn't the problem....the coaching staff and the defense is. They constantly put him in a position to lose.

Also they JUST re-signed him to a MASSIVE contract, what are you smoking that you think they'll get rid of him?

Jon

Jerry Jones put his commitment to Romo by signing him to a huge extension. NO TEAM will take that contract over.

I think Romo would be better off with some new scenery, but he will remain a Cowboy, whether it's as a starter or not.

Quote from: T-Mas on December 17, 2013, 11:46:14 AM
Romo isn't the problem....the coaching staff and the defense is. They constantly put him in a position to lose.

Also they JUST re-signed him to a MASSIVE contract, what are you smoking that you think they'll get rid of him?

I agree to an extent, Romo is still partially to blame for his December collapses and failure to lead.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

T-Bonizzle

You only need to look at last game to look.

Cowboys are up with 4 minutes to go. The Packers can't stop the run. One or two first downs and the Cowboys win. What do the coaches do? NOT CALL A SINGLE RUN PLAY THAT'S WHAT! People point to the run play Romo 'aborted' for his final INT, but what about the drive BEFORE that would have sealed the game had they not insisted on calling deep passing plays anyway. That lost last week is almost exclusively the coaches fault. The loss the week before is completely the defense and coaches fault. They put Romo in a position to lose, and Romo always delivers that loss.

I am no Cowgirls fan, and I find the fact that Romo's greatest enemy is the month of December funny...but it's only his fault because his coaching staff and his defense don't do their jobs. If Romo was on the Patriots we'd be talking about how awesome Romo is.

Jon

Quote from: T-Mas on December 17, 2013, 11:51:39 AM

Cowboys are up with 4 minutes to go. The Packers can't stop the run. One or two first downs and the Cowboys win. What do the coaches do? NOT CALL A SINGLE RUN PLAY THAT'S WHAT! People point to the run play Romo 'aborted' for his final INT, but what about the drive BEFORE that would have sealed the game had they not insisted on calling deep passing plays anyway. That lost last week is almost exclusively the coaches fault. The loss the week before is completely the defense and coaches fault. They put Romo in a position to lose, and Romo always delivers that loss.

I am no Cowgirls fan, and I find the fact that Romo's greatest enemy is the month of December funny...but it's only his fault because his coaching staff and his defense don't do their jobs. If Romo was on the Patriots we'd be talking about how awesome Romo is.

:o

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Quote from: T-Mas on December 17, 2013, 11:51:39 AM

The coaches don't throw interceptions in clutch situations.  The quarterback does.  Sure, they should have been running the ball ad nauseam.  But they didn't and the coaches called pass plays  therefore its up to the quarterback.