News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NFL Debate #39: AP vs BO

Started by Cory, December 20, 2013, 03:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

A friend and I were discussing how AP is pretty much this generations Bo Jackson in terms of athletic ability, doing things that just seem.....unhuman.

AP has single handedly ruined the stigma that after a horrific ACL/MCL tear, you can come back and accomplish arguably the greatest season a running back has ever had in the NFL, and makes what we thought were superior athletes (look at RG3) in similar situations fail miserably in comparison.

So who do you guys think it the superior athlete in football terms, as obviously you cant compare their complete athletic bodies of work.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

AP is impressive, but I have to go with Bo Jackson.

Cory

I SLIGHTLY edged AP.

Collegiality, Jackson had a better career, but its close. AP was second in heisman voting as a RB his freshman year, but Bo was able to win the heisman.

Professionally, because of the situation where Bo split carried with Marcus Allen at the Raiders (cant remember if they were LA or Oakland at the time) its tough to compare their stats head to head, both were/are absolute freaks.

But because Bo was never able to overcome his injury that eventually led to him retiring (tho his injury was life threatening) and the way AP overcame and dominated last year, AP gets the slightest of nods.

Im just glad that tho I just missed out on Bo Jackson, I can see and watch a once in a lifetime athlete every sunday, and it just helps that hes also an incredible role model and has preservered so much in his career.

GM Franchise

I went with AP considering he's the entire Vikings offense most weeks and has been for a season or two now. In fact I'm Pondering about how he'd be even better with a good quarterback at the helm.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Hondo

I mean... Bo is Bo.

AP may be the best player in football, but Bo Jackson was at one point the best athlete in the world.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

¿PapaPancho?

Adrian Peterson ever play in the MLB?  No?

Bo Jackson refered to the NFL as his off season hobby ....

It's Bo and it's not even close.

Mike Powers

Quote from: JackHondo on December 20, 2013, 03:28:53 PM
I mean... Bo is Bo.

AP may be the best player in football, but Bo Jackson was at one point the best athlete in the world.
Quote from: PapaPancho on December 20, 2013, 03:38:34 PM

[/thread]

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on December 20, 2013, 03:28:53 PM
I mean... Bo is Bo.

Quote from: PapaPancho on December 20, 2013, 03:38:34 PM

Enjoy your broccoli together gentlemen.

Cory

Re: Poll question

Who was the superior athlete in football

Hondo

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Black Death

Quote from: Cory on December 20, 2013, 03:59:20 PM
Re: Poll question

Who was the superior athlete in football

Bo Jackson ... hands down ... I like AP , but honest , Bo was the superior athlete in football
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jon

Easily Bo Jackson.

Don't even think this is a debate.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Gravedigger

I may be biased as a Raider fan (and Bo is my all-time favorite player), but in terms of being an athlete there has never been anyone else like Bo. AP is a tremendous athlete, but Bo went about 235 during his playing days and was once clocked doing a 40 in the 4.1s. Simply a freakish athlete.

Jon

If Cory said football "player", I'd probably say AP.

But he said football "athlete".

And in terms of athlete, no one better than BO.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Bo knows football

AP knows...a bit of running back
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'