News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2014 NFL Off-season Thread

Started by Cory, February 19, 2014, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Yep, Denver just added Ware. They're going all in this season.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Doug E Fresh

Browns cut Weeden.

Best offseason ever.

Cory

So where is Revis Island going...anyone wanna take a stab?

I feel like the Pats will land him

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on March 12, 2014, 06:17:02 PM
So where is Revis Island going...anyone wanna take a stab?

I feel like the Pats will land him

I'm thinking the Pats will get him too.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Revis Island will be in New England next season.

Cory

Bet Brady is happy the best hands are on the defensive side of the ball [/sarcasm]

Gates

Quote from: Cory on March 12, 2014, 08:49:19 PM
Bet Brady is happy the best hands are on the defensive side of the ball [/sarcasm]

Lol I bet he'd lobby to get Revis to try out WR for a bit.

Cory

GM Franchise

Sproles is a good fit for the Eagles system.

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Quote from: Jon on March 13, 2014, 12:32:07 PM
Meh...

Hes good but definitely not a slam dunk like everyone is making it out to be.

The good:
- Sproles is def. a weapon, and Chip will find a way to use it.
- Will get Shady more breaks, less wear and tear, more so on screens, ect.
- Two back sets with Sproles will be very tough for defenses to match up with
- Philly is awful at covering screens, so if we play the Saints again their big screen man is gone

The meh/bad:
- Gave up a 5th rounder, the draft is really deep this year, could have added great value.
- With said pick, could have gotten same type of weapon like DeAnthony Thomas for cheaper.
- Sproles is at the end of his prime....I do like he isnt injury prone, but hes 30-31
- Sproles doesnt add much to the return game, another area where we need improvement.

Overall, I think its a good move. Sproles was a 1000 net yard playmaker last season, and with Phillys already #2 ranked offense last year and the best offensive numbers in Eagle history, adding Maclin and Sproles is kinda insane potentially....considering the Broncos who were number one is losing two playmakers in Decker and Moreno.

Justin

Quote from: Cory on March 13, 2014, 01:58:39 PM
- Sproles doesnt add much to the return game, another area where we need improvement.

He's one of the better returners in the league.

J-Reb

Quote from: JustinP on March 13, 2014, 02:03:09 PM
He's one of the better returners in the league.

He hasn't been effective as a PR in 3 years and hasn't been a full time return man in that same span. At 31, he isn't going to magically return to being "one of the best return men." He's of little use outside of a safety valve for Foles out of the backfield.

Cory

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on March 13, 2014, 02:33:57 PM
He hasn't been effective as a PR in 3 years and hasn't been a full time return man in that same span. At 31, he isn't going to magically return to being "one of the best return men." He's of little use outside of a safety valve for Foles out of the backfield.

Yeah, pretty much....but the fact that Philly had 6700 yards total last year, and added guys who have produced close to 1000 each (Maclin + Sproles).....it wouldnt be a stretch to think they could top 7500....something that Denver couldnt do last year.

J-Reb

Quote from: Cory on March 13, 2014, 02:43:42 PM
Yeah, pretty much....but the fact that Philly had 6700 yards total last year, and added guys who have produced close to 1000 each (Maclin + Sproles).....it wouldnt be a stretch to think they could top 7500....something that Denver couldnt do last year.

At the bare minimum, he'll force opposing defenses to spread out a little more and pay attention to him in the slot.  Teams won't be able to stack 8-9 in the box against the Eagles with McCoy and Sproles out on the field.

I would have loved him on the Redskins but not at the expense of a draft pick.

Smart move for the Eagles.