News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

2014 NFL Off-season Thread

Started by Cory, February 19, 2014, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: Cory on March 26, 2014, 10:32:48 AM
Eagles reported have put G Evan Mathis on the trade block....dude has been by far the highest rated guard in PFF over the last 2-3 years.....after shutting the DeSean door, we open another.

FUCK.

Getting rid of Desean... I was more than alright with.

This... not at all.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Hes 32 and gonna make like 5 million.  Odds say hes pissed that Kelce and Peters got raises....when he is the best in the league at his position. He asked for a raise im hearing, and Howie Roseman placed him on the trade block.

Id say im slightly into Mathis corner depending on what he wanted extra. If it was 6-7 million a year, Id say hes earned it...if it was 8-9 then sad to say it, but seeya.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Bears are going to have a monster D next season.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

The TeeJ of Philly

Love DeSean, I get why the Eagles released him. He wants more money + alleged connections to LA gangs = bye bye. DeSean handled this whole saga very, very well. I don't like it, but I get it.

Jon

I'm 100% glad he is gone.

So long and thanks for the memories.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Miracle Of The New Meadowlands on Vimeo

Lest we forget.

I just hope it doesnt drastically change the draft. If Calvin Pryor is there, hes our guy....dude is BDawk 2.0

...we can grab a viable WR like Martavius Bryant (6'4, 4.4 speed) or Donte Moncrief (6'2, 4.4 speed) in the 3rd round....if we end up with Marqise Lee or Odell Beckham with the 1st....not gonna trust Chip anymore.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Cory on March 28, 2014, 03:13:22 PM
Miracle Of The New Meadowlands on Vimeo

Lest we forget.

I just hope it doesnt drastically change the draft. If Calvin Pryor is there, hes our guy....dude is BDawk 2.0

...we can grab a viable WR like Martavius Bryant (6'4, 4.4 speed) or Donte Moncrief (6'2, 4.4 speed) in the 3rd round....if we end up with Marqise Lee or Odell Beckham with the 1st....not gonna trust Chip anymore.

Yes because i will not trust Chip because he took an offensive player either.

Cory

You got to at this point believe in what Chip is trying to build team wise, by DeSean not fitting his mold of player and removing him, for HHH terms, was best for business.

Now if Pryor is there at 22, but we go with IMO an overrated Marqise Lee because Chip has a hard on for Pac 12 players, and get a Maclin 2.0 and still have a vacancy at Safety which is still the #1 position of need....was this really whats best for business? Only WRs id take in the 1st round is Watkins and Evans......MAYBE Cooks simply because he's the closest to DeSean.....but Lee/Beckham Jr are overrated IMO, and Benjamin is a project player.

Im about sick of this moral uprightness team....there comes a point when you need to look at the facts and justify winning and talent over mistakes. I assume there is something more to this DeSean thing and when ALL of the facts are out my opinion may change....but if all the gang rumors are true....look at what Baltimore did with Ray Lewis. Surly his murder charges are more serious that whats available right now in regards to DeSean...but they decided that for his talent it was worth it to work through the issues rather than cut the future hall of famer go. DeSean is involved with charities and has never had any big issues with teammates, so its his social media and friends in the off-season that the Eagles were worried about...thats a little weak for me.

Im not saying DeSean is a future hall of famer, Im not saying that he wasn't a little overpaid @ 10 mill a year...but seeing that at 27 he is still in his prime, he hauled in 80+ balls, 1400yrds and 9TDs last year, his presence made Riley Cooper and screen passes to McCoy effective by stretching the field, his punt return game....he's still crucial for the development of Foles. You just took his #1 guy away and expect him to develop with Cooper who may struggle greatly being the #1 and Maclin who has never hit 1000yrds nor may even be the same player after his injury.

There is no one left in FA that we can take some of the 10 mill of space and bring in....Santonio Holes, Miles Austin, Kenny Britt and Sidney Rice are left...pass on everyone one of those guys.

So, this draft will truly decided for me if "In Chip we trust"

¿PapaPancho?

QuoteLove DeSean, I get why the Eagles released him. He wants more money + alleged connections to LA gangs = bye bye. DeSean handled this whole saga very, very well. I don't like it, but I get it.

Connections to being in LA Gangs and Affiliating with LA Gangs are different things ... maybe I'm too cynical since I come from that area but it just seems too convenient that suddenly all this information is coming out about DeSean Jackson (at least nationally).

Cory

Quote from: PapaPancho on March 29, 2014, 02:36:22 PM
Connections to being in LA Gangs and Affiliating with LA Gangs are different things ... maybe I'm too cynical since I come from that area but it just seems too convenient that suddenly all this information is coming out about DeSean Jackson (at least nationally).

Care to elaborate?

Mike Powers

Pancho is a member of Vatos Locos.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Cory on March 29, 2014, 05:00:10 PM
Care to elaborate?

We're all 1 homie from the hood. Doesnt mean i run with them if their childhood friends

Justin

Somebody in the Eagles organization leaked that info...had to. Thats thebonly reason that story even got started.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: JustinP on March 31, 2014, 09:27:06 PM
Somebody in the Eagles organization leaked that info...had to. Thats thebonly reason that story even got started.

Someone would have found out and leaked it anyways. Especially after the Hernadez stuff. Kansas City did their own investigation into Desean and decided to bow out of getting him.