NFL Debate #49: Pick a Darkhorse

Started by Cory, May 30, 2014, 04:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

All teams aside from the Jets had a losing record last season. Pick your 'sleeper' now, so come playoff time you can gloat. GO

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Domingo

Not on there,  but I expect the Texans to find their feet and make the playoffs. Could just be the homer in me though

Cory

Quote from: Domingo on May 30, 2014, 04:36:02 PM
Not on there,  but I expect the Texans to find their feet and make the playoffs. Could just be the homer in me though

I dont know if their a sleeper tho, their expected to do good...kinda like the Falcons...they should clearly bounce back.

I went with the Browns....if Josh Gordon can beat the chargers I think they'll win that division.

The TeeJ of Philly

I went Jets, people forget, they went 8-8 and they damn near made the playoffs, that defense will be that defense like always, some competition to push Geno or replace him, Chris Johnson isn't Chris Johnson 2008, 2009, but he's better than what they had last year in the running game.

What Cory said about the Texans, they had one of those the wheels fell off, teh engine blew up, and the driver jumped out of the car type seasons.

Black Republicans

If Mike Glennon is decent...the Bucs could be awfullly scary.

Justin

Cory

Justin

Jon

One team not put on here is the St. Louis Rams.

This is a case of, can Bradford stay helathy and if he can, I think they have a pretty solid team.

Defensively, you'll have to deal with the nasty combo of Chris Long and Robert Quinn. And expect Aaron Donald to make a presence known in certian package situations. The front line makes the rest of the defense look really good.

Offensively, I think we'll see a bit more from Tavon Austin. I liked the Kenny Britt signing, and another guy that, if he can stay healthy, could have a good season for the Rams. I think Zac Stacy was a surprising emergence last season, but don't be shocked if Tre Mason takes over as the starting tailback by season's end.

Rams play in the toughest division in the NFL, so they will defintely have their work cut out for them. But I really like the direction this team is heading in.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

The Rams hands down especially considering they're in the toughest division in the NFL and made some impressive offseason improvements.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Republicans

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 05, 2014, 11:10:13 PM
The Rams hands down especially considering they're in the toughest division in the NFL and made some impressive offseason improvements.

Doesn't that mean they'll have a tougher time getting to the playoffs?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Black Republicans on June 06, 2014, 12:45:57 AM
Doesn't that mean they'll have a tougher time getting to the playoffs?

No. Three teams made it from the AFC West last season and two had more than 11 wins. Just saying.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Republicans

Which one of those teams do you see the Rams overtaking?

With that logic, the Raiders have a decent chance because 3 teams made it and two had over 11 wins.  I think the Rams will be good, but I also think they're the worst team in that division.  If they played in the South, they'd probably get in.  If they played in the East, they'd probably get in also, but I don't see them as better than the Cardinals who I think are pretty darn good.

Jon

The definition of a darkhorse is a something that doesn't have a overall great shot, but based on a few things going there way can be a team that can surprise.

The Rams fit that mold perfectly.

Will they make the playoffs? No, probably not.

But can they? I think they can and that's why I picked them as my dark horse.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Doug E Fresh