News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate #51: Expanded Playoffs

Started by Cory, June 06, 2014, 12:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHINasty

Expanding the playoffs is like giving a trophy to every kid, good or bad.

Cory

For this I just want more football. The Eagles have the NFC East on lock, so an extra chance at making the playoffs isnt necessary lol.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

CHINasty

Steelers almost made it at 8-8 so it wouldn't be bad for that reason, BUT, just doesn't seem as deserving.

Krazy

Quote from: Cory on June 11, 2014, 09:15:54 PM
For this I just want more football. The Eagles have the NFC East on lock, so an extra chance at making the playoffs isnt necessary lol.

I do agree! I am in favor for games on NFL network. I know local broadcast will show the games.

Cory

I still think cutting 2 Pre-season games in addition for 2 more regular season games would be perfect from a fans perspective.

T-Bonizzle

Cutting pre-season games is terrible for the players and you shouldn't support that.

Jon

Quote from: Cory on June 11, 2014, 10:49:07 PM
I still think cutting 2 Pre-season games in addition for 2 more regular season games would be perfect from a fans perspective.

That would suck for the guys that ride the bench all year. This is their best chance to stick out above the rest.

Quote from: T-Flower on June 12, 2014, 08:30:35 AM
Cutting pre-season games is terrible for the players and you shouldn't support that.

Agreed.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Quote from: Jon on June 12, 2014, 08:40:49 AM
That would suck for the guys that ride the bench all year. This is their best chance to stick out above the rest.

That's what training camp/practice is for.

Mike Powers

No, that's actually what those much maligned preseason games are for.

Cory

Quote from: Mike Powers on June 12, 2014, 12:58:40 PM
No, that's actually what those much maligned preseason games are for.

You're right, 2nd and 3rd stringers should never show up to practices, once the pre-season is over its all over....start filling out those Target applications.

Jon

Quote from: Cory on June 12, 2014, 12:37:25 PM
That's what training camp/practice is for.

Partially yes, but teams don't make final cuts until preseason is over.

It has a large impact on the players trying to make the team.

Jon

On top of that, preseason games is a chance for your younger talent that doesn't see much of the field during the regular season to get some game time expierence. Most importantly, back-up QB's.

Cory

I get and know what pre-season games are for, but the fact that theirs added injury for the starters for the 1/3 of the games they play, plus 90% of pre-season "stars" still dont get much further ahead, you're telling me you'd rather 2 "friendlies" for depth chart battles over 2 additional, meaningful regular season games? What are you snorting.

Jon

Quote from: Cory on June 12, 2014, 01:22:17 PM
I get and know what pre-season games are for, but the fact that theirs added injury for the starters for the 1/3 of the games they play, plus 90% of pre-season "stars" still dont get much further ahead, you're telling me you'd rather 2 "friendlies" for depth chart battles over 2 additional, meaningful regular season games? What are you snorting.

That is up to each team to play their starters. If they don't want them to get injured... then don't play them. Seems pretty simple to me.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Cory on June 12, 2014, 01:08:55 PM
You're right, 2nd and 3rd stringers should never show up to practices, once the pre-season is over its all over....start filling out those Target applications.

I don't believe I said that.

Quote from: Cory on June 12, 2014, 01:22:17 PM

Yes, I would. Practice doesn't tell the story, you need to see people in action.