News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate #59: Redskins Name Change

Started by Jon, June 23, 2014, 09:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

PERSONALLY, I think that the people protesting this have far too much free time on their hands if changing the name of a sports team is their life. I think, looking at it from a non native perspective to be offended by something like that, AND then to devote so much time to protest and petition is a little soft and a waste of time they could be actually working and contributing to society. If there was a team called the Caucasians, I don't think many would be offended.

PROFESSIONALLY, I'm going with Champ Baileys take on it.

Quote"When you hear a Native American say that 'Redskins' is degrading, it's almost like the N-word for a black person. If they feel that way, then it's not right. They are part of this country. It's degrading to a certain race. Does it make sense to have the name?

At the end of day, regardless if you think if they shouldn't take offense to something that really has minimal impact on their life, as a professional organization if you're offending a large group of people from your team name, it doesn't make sense to keep that name.

As an Eagles fan, the more this is an off-field distraction for the Redskins the better, plus it'll be like the NHL, where each team changes their jerseys every season or so, so more fans buy their shit. Redskins change their name, that huge fan base will be chomping to get some RG3 and Orakpo new named jerseys.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE