Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NFL Debate #60: NFC West

Started by Cory, June 27, 2014, 02:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Toughest division in the NFL, but Seahawks repeat, leading to a crazy deal for their QB in the off-season.

Jon

Yes, easily the toughest in the NFL.

I think the Seahawks pick up right where they left off last season and continue as the team to beat. They managed to keep their championship team intact for the most part and I loved the drafting of Paul Richardson out of Colorado to help ease the loss of Golden Tate. I also liked the Terrell Pryor add and I think Carroll will find a way to use him other than behind the center.

Niners made some great moves in the offseason to try and keep pace with the Hawks. Stevie Johnson helps strengthen there improved receving corp. I loved the drafting of Carlos Hyde and I think he's the eventual replacement for Frank Gore down the road. The big question mark for me with the Niners is the secondary going through some changes. No more (W)Hitner at safety and no more Brown at Corner. They brought in Bethea and will be relying on some young guys to play corner. And not to mention the whole Aldon Smith thing hurts a bit as well. Still though, they'll be right on the butts of the Seahawks again this season.

Most improved team IMO is the Rams. I have been saying all offseason that this is my darkhorse team to make the playoffs and I really believe it. If Bradford can stay healthy for the season, I think the Rams make some noise. They also had IMO, the best draft as well. Adding Kenny Britt, another player that if can stay healthy makes an immediate impact, can help spread the field with his speed. I really like the Rams to surprise this season.

Cardinals fixed one of their main problems from last season, the O-Line. I think that'll help improve their run game a bit, although I'm not sure Dwyer is the answer for them at tailback and he still will have to compete with Ellington and Taylor for the starting gig. Liked the addition of Tedd Ginn and obviously Veldheer. And lookout for draftee John Brown at reciever, the dude is a barnburner.

This is going to be a fun division to watch this season. Really looking forard to it.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

The TeeJ of Philly

Gonna be between Seattle and Arizona imo. I think the Niners finish last, I have this weird "high energy coach finally snaps on troubled young star player who troubles himself more by uppercuting high energy coach" story in my head that I've seen a couple times. Basically, I just don't see Harbaugh coming back next year, I don't think the players are going to tire of him and I don't think they still completely trust him after the Alex Smith thing, sure Kaep may have been the better player, but you don't lose your spot to injury and Alex did. Remember, there were talks of trading Harbaugh and Cleveland denied it like no other, which when you don't have a head coach at the time and a super bowl level coach is being rumored to be your next coach via trade and you don't do the "neither confirm nor deny" schtick, I think its the team he's being traded from putting out those rumors.

CHINasty

Quote from: Cory on June 27, 2014, 02:52:11 PM
Toughest division in the NFL, but Seahawks repeat, leading to a crazy deal for their QB in the off-season.

Wilson doesn't deserve a crazy deal.

Cory

Quote from: CHINasty on July 01, 2014, 11:44:41 PM
Wilson doesn't deserve a crazy deal.

Won the super bowl, he'll get paid.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Cory on July 02, 2014, 11:43:02 AM
Won the super bowl, he'll get paid.

Unless he puts the team on his back like Flacco did, he won't have much ground ot get a "crazy" deal. The Seahawks, from a business stance, know that teh defense and Percy Harvin is what won them that superbowl, just like Dilfer and Brad Johnson before him, if he leaves to take a job elsewhere for the money, he won't be as good as we think of him now.

Personally, I think he's a good QB, but if he gets something like Kaepernick/Flacco, it won't be from Seattle.

CHINasty

What did Wislon do in the playoffs? How much of their road to the championship on him?