Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NFL Debate #69: Kaepernick

Started by Cory, December 11, 2014, 03:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Mike Powers

Neither really.  The league just figured him out (see Young, Vince) and he needs to continue to grow if he wants to succeed.  If after a couple of seasons he shows zero growth, THEN he is a bust.  But right now, he's just a rookie falling back to earth, where he belongs.

Cory

Im calling Bust. Its been a long time since Niners organization has had much success than this nice Harbaugh era (which is looking like its coming to an end), so they let Kaepernick be the poster boy of their winning form and paid him like a Aaron Rodgers / Ben Roethlisberger (young-ish QBs with Super Bowls), when really he's a Michael Vick.

I know the contract has a lot of cash that are incentive based but still, Kaepernick to me if you look at his highlight reel and big play moments, their often with his legs and mobility rather passing and that should have been a major flag for the Niners f/o. That, plus he's not the most comforting player off the field makes me think had the Niners not been backed into the corner of either sign this player who is demanding more money or lose their only legitimate quarterback next season is a tough call WOULDNT have signed him if they had alternatives. In a win now mode with a lot of their stars getting up there, Boldin/Gore/J. Smith are nearing the end, and Willis + Bowmans horrific injury means they dont have time to find another QB and build him up....so they rolled the dice and its a complete failure.

My buddy is a huge Niners fan and puts a lot of the blame on the play calling from Greg Roman their OC, as seen by the game ended fumble turnover against the Rams on the goal-line a few weeks back. Niners have a good o-line, but fail to give Kaepernick a break and let Gore/Hyde carry the bulk of the load, like they did in Kaepernicks best season. Crabtree isnt that good, Vernon Davis hasnt got involved....really I dont see much upside to their offense.

I think theres a chance when Harbaugh goes, they may wash their hands of Kaepernick as well....thats a lot of money for a QB who for the better part of the last 2 yrs struggles to complete passes and throw for over 200yrds a game.

Just posing this question to you guys as A) Kaepernick in most circles before this season was considered the future mold of QB in this league and B) His big contract will affect a lot of young, talented QBs this coming off-season when its time to negotiate.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

The TeeJ of Philly

The offense and kaepernik looked best when they had some pistol in it and some shotgun and let kaepernik improvise a la Wilson. He has proven to he can flip games and if you need proof. Look back at that final drive against Seattle last year in the playoffs. Took them down the field with ease. He was the only thing that was working for that offense in that game and he called his own number that entire drive and tried Sherman and paid for it, but what QB hasn't.

This year they put him behind the center far too much. And he's struggled because of it.

Justin

I called out Kaerpernick after that season when he took over Alex Smith midseason.  Everybody was going to figure him out because he isn't that good of a passer.

I am a prophet.

Mike Powers

Alex Smith was done dirty that year.

Jon

Alex Smith was done dirty, but Kaep was the better talent.

It's not like the Niners are 2-11. They are 7-6.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: JustinP on December 11, 2014, 08:29:12 PM
I called out Kaerpernick after that season when he took over Alex Smith midseason.  Everybody was going to figure him out because he isn't that good of a passer.

I am a prophet.

To be fair, no one had figured him out all of last year when they all had an offseason to. It took a change in play calling to do so.