News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Sheldon Richardson is just as good as J.J. Watt

Started by Stoner, December 19, 2014, 10:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445701/article/jets-richardson-im-on-the-same-level-as-jj-watt

QuoteJ.J. Watt is widely regarded as the greatest defensive player on the planet. Sheldon Richardson believes he should be in that conversation.

The Jets defensive tackle took Defensive Rookie of the Year honors in 2013 and has been a bright spot in a lost season in the Meadowlands. Richardson is serious about this Watt thing.

"J.J. Watt, he's got a few more sacks than me, but it's the same type of disruption," Richardson told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday. "He's a little more active, I'll give you that, but we have the same type of determination, same heart, same skills. He scores touchdowns, I score touchdowns."

The numbers don't paint a favorable picture for Richardson's case. Watt has 16.5 sacks and five touchdowns, three of which have come on offense. Richardson has 6.5 sacks and has yet to get a touch in Marty Mornhinweg's offense. Richardson had two rushing touchdowns last season. He believes he should be seen in the same class as Watt, Gerald McCoy and Ndamukong Suh.

"The same people you see mentioned every day, getting big contracts, I'm on the same level," Richardson said. "I don't put them over me, I don't put them under me. Most definitely, it's the same comparison, really.

"You name it, I'll put myself up there. I'm not scared to say it. You don't get to this point not being confident. If somebody calls me cocky, oh well, they'll get over it."

This is crazy talk, but Richardson does have the goods to be a special player. He also brings some swagger to a Jets operation that really hasn't had any since Braylon Edwards was doing backflips in Foxborough.

I don't know how we've never noticed before.  They're clearly equals on the field.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

The TeeJ of Philly

He is one of the best at his position we just discredit the jets defense because their offense is terrible.

Gravedigger

Teej is right. Dude can play.

Watt level? No, but he's one of the top guys in the league.

Justin

Richardson is an absolute beast. His DT position doesn't warrant as many sacks as a DE. However, he as good as shit but you still have to give the edge to Watt. His ability to bat balls down is crazy.