News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

A Proposition (Contest maybe?)

Started by Tim-Æ, July 29, 2008, 01:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

Okay folks. It's time for something a little different. A little window into my world, and something that I don't share often. I'm an aspiring screen writer. But I haven't actually written my first one. I'm workshopping it right now. But the ideas aren't coming to me, so I decided to look at my old material and work on adapting that. Problem is, I need help. Not on writing it, but on creating something way more important.

A TITLE.

I have the worst title ever for it and I need a title badly. The story is about 10 chapters long, and if anyone would like to read it and give me feedback on a title (and anything else if you want to) please respond to this thread with your email address and I'll email you a copy of it.

I can't promise you royalties if it gets made, but I certainly will give you something. Maybe a prize. I dunno. Maybe I'll send you 10 dollars in the mail if you choose a great title.

Thanks a lot guys and gals!

Tim

Black Death

Hey Tim...titandog70@yahoo.com   I like to take a look at it...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Duckman

Send a copy my way, I'm working on one at the moment myself, perhaps a collabortation of ideas could be in line?

Like the Coen brothers, only we're not brothers, or Jewish....

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

T Jay

Woah! Not that I thought I was the only one in the efed world that writes screen plays, and/or books, I just never thought there would be TWO more of you. I feel like I'm not alone anymore.!! This is awesome!

Tim-Æ

I'm working on multiple ones right now. One is a collaboration with Gary too.

Sam, it's in the mail.

T Jay

I wrote a short screenplay last year which was my first one, and then I worked on another one that I call a half screenplay. Problem is I knew they were both going to be short, and the stories kind of molded that way and in my opinion would take a bit to build in to a full one.

Right now I'm stuck because I have an idea for a character in my head, and for me this is an odd position because I have the character and nothing else, no story or anything.

Duckman

I tried to write a screenplan in the wake of the Benoit incident, with the hero of the story injuring a young wrestler due to being out his face on drugs.  He then has a personal revelation, cleaned up and attempts to get the wrestling industry unionised and with better regulations and help for the wrestlers.  I got about half way and then decided it was too preachy.  I might come back to it later in the year.

I'm reading through your work Tim and I'll drop you some ideas in due course.

Peace

Duckman

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

T Jay

Quote from: Duckman on August 07, 2008, 08:23:15 AM
I tried to write a screenplan in the wake of the Benoit incident, with the hero of the story injuring a young wrestler due to being out his face on drugs.  He then has a personal revelation, cleaned up and attempts to get the wrestling industry unionised and with better regulations and help for the wrestlers.  I got about half way and then decided it was too preachy.  I might come back to it later in the year.

I'm reading through your work Tim and I'll drop you some ideas in due course.

Peace

Duckman

That sounds like an interesting one. You never really see a movie based around the wrestling industry, everybody is always a spy or something.

Shaun Stetson

Why Tim...

I never knew you were an aspiring screenwriter.

I have the same goal.  In fact, as soon as my buddy gets back this summer, we're going to make a script I'm working on into a movie.  He's going to NYU's film school.  It's all about who you know.

I'd be glad to take a look at it and shoot you a title.

Excaligore

Never tried writing a screenplay. Always wanted to. Actually wanted to adapt an incomplete story I once wrote into a screenplay. Never had problems with a name though. Came up with the brilliant name of "Sexually Prismatic Dreams of Blood" which I'm quite happy with. Will probably never actually adapt/complete it but eh.