News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

High Plains Drifter

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, September 09, 2009, 09:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Alright, my first review of a movie oN EFK.

I decided to choose the film I just finished watching, High Plains Drifter.
For all who don't know what this movie is or who stars in it, here is the summary on the back of the DVD.

Quote"Clint Eastwood's second film as a director (following the highly successful play misty for me), High Plains Drifter returns the actor to his familiar scene of the old west and his familiar role of 'the Man With No Name.' Eastwood portrays a mysterious stranger who emerges out of the heat waves of the desert and rides into the guild-ridden town of Lago. After committing three murders and one rape in the first 20 minutes, the stranger is hired by the town to protect it from three gunmen just out of jail. The stranger then paints the entire town bright red, renames it "Hell", nd supplies divine retribution in a fiery climax"

When I read this, as you'd expect I was highly excited to see what happened next. Without spoiling anything, I will say that the movie was put together very well, and kept the great aspects of the west alive with every character adding something extraordinary to the film. Clint Eastwood did his usual great job. One thing that didn't make sense was the fact he raped the girl at the start. Now, I don't understand the ending properly, which was probably because I was making dinner during the middle of the film, but it just didn't seem right.

Well, all together I rate this movie

A bright red 7.5/10

Any comments on the movie or to help me understand the ending, please feel free.

regards, Jordan

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Zombie Gunn

I remember this being a very unique eastwood film. I remember thinking "shit, did he really just rape that woman?" But the more you watch, the more it becomes clear what is happening. I don't remember the end though.