News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

† Tombstone †

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, September 23, 2009, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Hey all, just thought it was time I did a review on the very first western I ever saw (not including Bonanza haha)

As you can see, allot of famous faces; some you wouldn't expect to be in a movie of a western genre.

Kurt Russell   ...    Wyatt Earp

Val Kilmer   ...    Doc Holliday

Sam Elliott   ...    Virgil Earp

Bill Paxton   ...    Morgan Earp

Powers Boothe   ...    Curly Bill Brocius

Michael Biehn   ...    Johnny Ringo

Charlton Heston   ...    Henry Hooker

Just look at the names in that one, thus guarenteeing an epic western...right.....right?

WRONG!!!

Yes, I did much enjoy this movie and thought it was great... for a movie, but after watching... well any Clint Eastwood western; I realized how much the tales of the wild west had sold out by this stage. The movie was viewing proof of this.

Although it did sell out the western genre, Val Kilma produced his best on screen performance to date as the infamous 'Doc Holiday'. To me, it was him and Michael Biehn who portrayed their characters best, both of course being similar in many obvious ways.

They were the ones who made the film great and why I enjoyed it so much.

Well, in conclusion Tombstone gets a solid Tombstone Black 7/10

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs