News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Sons of Anarchy *SPOILERS*

Started by TaNK, September 02, 2008, 01:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaNK

Is anybody else looking forward to this show?

Ron Pearlman as a badass biker? I can't wait!

Black Death

FX does put up good shows and this sounds killer
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Drake Daniels

Marq

Goddammit, this pilot was good.

Ron Perlman, Katey Segal (still SOOOOO hot), Charlie Nunham, Mitch Pileggi? Geez.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

JohnS.

Missed the pilot on Wednesday night, made up for it by watching it twice today on OnDemand lol...Needless to say FX will have my ass glued to the TV both Tuesday and Wednesday nights from now on.

TaNK

Is anybody watching this?

I hope the second episode is just as good.

Duckman

The best thing about the show is the guy who plays Jacks is actually English.  He used to be in a teen show over here called Biker Grove (no about most of the UK folk here will know the show) and he's got a strong Geordie accent.

The guy is one hell of an actor to pull that role off, especially if you've heard him speak in his normal voice.

I really enjoyed the first episode and I'm looking forward to seeing where the show goes.  Plus it's written by the guy who writes on The Shield, so it's bound to be good.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Exile

i dont know what it is, but this show just didnt do it for me. Individually, I really like all of the actors and the big selling point for me was Charlie Hunnam who I have been a fan of since Undeclared. I'm not sure if its the thinly veiled but poorly executed Hamlet subplot, but I feel that the show very quickly fell into early cliche and couldn't seem to pull itself out. Surprisingly Hunnam's scenes feel very wooden to me and his interaction with the other characters very stoic. I know people want to say its the character, unfortunately there's nothing to differentiate between who he likes and whom he doesn't, especially after the scene in the house with Katy Segal.

Overall I might give this one another shot but the pilot fell very flat and forced to me. The writing, which is usually very good on the shield, did not seem to carry over to this show. A lot of the lines felt like they were crude just to be crude, profane just to be profane,  and unfortunately when you don't have someone like Vic Mackey who commands your attention, the flaws become that much more obvious.

TaNK

Watched the second episode last night.

Amazing. I love the dialogue, the story-lines, and the characters especially Ron Pearlmans character and Opie. I really like Opies side story alot. Katey Segal is stealing the show quite honestly but it is excellent stuff.

Rae

Wasn't a fan. They need to drop the loose Hamlet story, because I don't think they are doing a very good job. Really disappointed, cause the cast is great, and like Chris said the main character played by Charlie Hunnam was on an AWESOME show called Undeclared (which of course got canceled). I can't see myself watching the second episode, but maybe it will be better than the pilot. I think Chris said it best when we were watching it: "I feel like I'm watching a bad play". Everything was overdramatic and there was so sense of direction with the story.

TaNK

FX has picked up "Sons of Anarchy" for a second season.

The motorcycle-club drama from creator/exec producer Kurt Sutter has been given a 13-episode order for its sophomore run, with stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal and Ron Perlman on board. John Linson and Art Linson also exec produce the drama, from Fox 21 and FX Prods.

While first-run episodes of the drama are performing modestly, FX cited the series' cumulative viewership numbers in announcing the pickup. On a weekly five-telecast cume basis, "Sons" is averaging 3.5 million adults 18-49, and the fourth week of the show delivered 1% more viewers in the demo than its premiere week. In total viewers, the series is averaging 5.4 million on a cumulative basis and is off only 3% from its premiere.

"We've never had a drama hold up so consistently in its first five weeks on the air," FX president/GM John Landgraf said. "It hasn't buckled in the face of broadcast competition, and it's fantastic from a quality standpoint."

I'm so happy ;)

TaNK

Also, Opie is my fave character. He's a torn character and I hope we get more episodes focused around him. I cant wait til next week.

Gary

Is it just me or has this season, and especially last nights episode, been fucking awesome?

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Justin

It has been quite good.  I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode.

Midas

No it is not just you... This entire season has been fantastic and it just keeps getting better...