News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Twilight

Started by Rae, September 13, 2008, 10:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rae

What the hell is so fantastic about this series? I work at Barnes and Noble and it's one of our best sellers right now. Has anyone read any of these?

Black Death

The tweens love it ,    young female in love with  male vampire thing...been done before.  but I have not read it.  I think if Jessica get one she can give you a break down of it. 

one thing I know If you can get the tween girls to love your book you got it made ...lol   ;D 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rae

I should totally write tween books and be rich  :P

Black Death

there you go... you may have stumbled on to idea there   ;D

Rae

You can be my co-author, and together we can take over the world!

Black Death

Tim-Æ

FUCK TWILIGHT.

It's a stupid shitty fad that little girls and MY BOSS...are obsessed with.

I have a BA in English and my professors are at their wits end with me when it comes to fads. I hate everything. Vampires. Hobbits. Witches. Sorcerers. Dragons. Jesus. Anything fictional of that nature, that's just so damn impossible, its ridiculous. But yeah, i read a chapter of Twlight. Lame. Terribly written, and really just a way for the author to sell out. Fuck Twlight. Fuck Twlight in the ear.

Jay

Zombie Gunn

Is it anything related to the kind of themes in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles Series?  From what I've heard, it seems like it might be similar to Louis's character and his relationship with Claudia.  If so, I might actually be interested in it.

TaNK

I came in to work last night, and it was soooo slow. One of our bouncers and two waitresses were reading it. Is it like buffy?

Exile

no in buffy they make interesting characters with plot points and development. Also a thing called...good writing helps.

Duckman

I read on Film Drunk.com that this was a series of books aim at under sexed housewives.  Surely I should be aimed at under sexed housewives?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Black Death

it a love story for the tween girls and like Duckman said housewifes ... I would nomrally be into it , but  it been done before and writren much better.  When I look at the trailer and start laughing because there no chance in hell I am going to see this. 

Logan Taylor

I read the book simply because I like reading. From a males point of view I actually really enjoyed it. The writting wasn't all that bad, a bit juvenile in spots.  My main peeve with it was the overuse of certain words and descriptions like the word "Grimace" or how Edward's skin was "So white and cold."

She was over descriptive with some things and not so much on others which I wish were.  For example I wish she would have went in to more detail when James (the main villain) fought Emmett and the rest of the Cullens, but instead that lasted a very brief moment and wasn't really described because they were focusing on what was going on with Belle, the main female.

I will admit however I thought the book was pretty cheesy and sappy at spots, but all in all it is a pretty good read with an intriguing story that makes you want to continue on with the series.