News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Twilight

Started by Rae, September 13, 2008, 10:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Haven't read the book nor do I have an interest cause much like Harry Potter it seems to just be some sort of mindless crap that people read because other people tell them to.  As for the movie I might go see it because well hell my group I hang out with consists of me, my friend red and three-four chicks.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Black Death

good review logan ...true I am  fan of reading , but I do not know there something about this book that rubs me the wrong way.  maybe because I actually read other books that offer the same element of love story between vampire and female but it was more adult.  can not go back to teen love story... but that just me

it good way to score brownie points with the Chicks one-man    :D

actually Harry Potter was not that bad , the latter books once he got older , got more adult and darker because now he was dealing with adult themes
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Logan Taylor

Even though the book is written from a teenagers perspective you will notice that she/they act way more mature/adult-like and you totally forget they are in High School. At least that's how I perceived things.

Black Death

I more then likely check it out one day ...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

jayjames

*points to avatar*

I have read the entire Twilight series out of morbid curiosity. I must admit the first two books are good, but they're not in my top three or even five.

The books are repetitive in spots and the vocabulary is fairly simple, but then again it is for teenage girls. My biggest pet peeve is the fact that the vampires don't actually have well, fangs.

It should also be noted that Stephanie Meyer will never, ever, be the Anne Rice of teenage vampire novels. Anne Rice is SUPERB.

Breaking Dawn, the final book in the series, pissed me off enough that I will never read anything else Stephanie Meyer writes. I won't spoil the plot for those who haven't read it.

My favorite vamp author is Laurell K. Hamilton anyway.

Tim-Æ

its overrated. Its a steamy lust novel that uses the already sexual vampire theme to further the plot. take out the fact that they're vampires, and its just another hollow love story, and a lot of "almost kissing" scenes between teenagers. If I wrote a vampire novel it would have nothing to do with love, it'd be about the kickass powers you get. Too bad vampires are gay and rarely produce depth. Of all the horror-esque creatures vampires tend to be the dumbest in my opinion because every story is the same. Most vampire novelists/writers try to convey a vampire in a positive light. Look at every major motion picture about vampires....Interview with a Vampire, Blade, Underworld, Twilight, etc. There's always some kind of sympathetic/kind message to get across, and it gets more and more prevalent as the genre gets out dated. Anne Rice probably had a way better vision of vampires than Meyer, but today Rice is crazy, and vampires are fucking stupid.

It's a fad. Nothing more.

Brandon

Haven't read 'em, and probably won't ever to be honest.

BUT, Jessie liked the books, so I'm sure I'll head to see the movie eventually.

Basically, it's a 'Mormon' fad. Before you attack me, Jessie is Mormon, and I hold nothing against anyone for their religious beliefs. Most vampire novels, like mentioned before, are all about love, lust, sex, and blood. Essentially, Twilight is a toned down version of all of those, making it a vampire novel adequate for young, religious, female vampire fans to read.

It sounds crazy.. but it's true. 99% of the people in this girl's church (female teenagers and adults the same) have read the entire fucking series.

jayjames

Quote from: Brandon Watkins on November 20, 2008, 03:05:22 AM
Basically, it's a 'Mormon' fad. Before you attack me, Jessie is Mormon, and I hold nothing against anyone for their religious beliefs. Most vampire novels, like mentioned before, are all about love, lust, sex, and blood. Essentially, Twilight is a toned down version of all of those, making it a vampire novel adequate for young, religious, female vampire fans to read.

same goes for girls in my church, lol

Brandon

Quote from: latrisha on November 20, 2008, 09:40:23 AM
Quote from: Brandon Watkins on November 20, 2008, 03:05:22 AM
same goes for girls in my church, lol

SEE, IT IS TRUE!

It's an epidemic..

But apparently it's so popular in the church scene because it gives the girls vampires and love and such, but without graphic sex scenes. For some reason people frown upon sex scenes..

TaNK

Tim speaketh the truth.

Gary

Working at Borders has made me fucking hate this series without ever reading it. Fuck twilight

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Logan Taylor

I went to see the midnight showing of this movie last night and holy crap that movie was cheesy, but still it was good. It followed the book, but like most book to movies, it made it's own little changes to make it unique.  I would have enjoyed it more if the Tweens wouldn't have been ogling over "how hot Edward and Emmett are" or "ZOMG! It's Jacob Black!"  These bitches behind me wouldn't shut the fuck up with the play-by-play of the movie.  Every time a new character would come on screen for the first time they would get all giddy and loud and yell their name in a soft whisper. Not loud enough to cause a major scene, but enough to piss me the fuck off.  If I could have gotten away with it, I would have severely beaten them with their own shoes.

jayjames

Quote from: Logan Taylor on November 21, 2008, 09:50:39 AM
I went to see the midnight showing of this movie last night and holy crap that movie was cheesy, but still it was good. It followed the book, but like most book to movies, it made it's own little changes to make it unique.  I would have enjoyed it more if the Tweens wouldn't have been ogling over "how hot Edward and Emmett are" or "ZOMG! It's Jacob Black!"  These bitches behind me wouldn't shut the fuck up with the play-by-play of the movie.  Every time a new character would come on screen for the first time they would get all giddy and loud and yell their name in a soft whisper. Not loud enough to cause a major scene, but enough to piss me the fuck off.  If I could have gotten away with it, I would have severely beaten them with their own shoes.

LOL

you should've went to a screening of high school musical. damn my baby cousin.

i'm waiting until my bday to see twilight. by then the tween crowd will have died down, and my friend and i can grade it in peace.

Logan Taylor

Did you not watch South Park? The Tween crowd will never die down. You will need to destroy the source of their obsession in Hot Topic to achieve this. I wish you the best of luck with that.

jayjames

there goes my bday plans! there's still transporter 3 i guess.

jason statham  :-*