News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

3DS launch details

Started by Bryan, January 19, 2011, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

-$249.99, out March 27th in both the United States and across Europe. Japan's getting it next week I believe.

-Dunno about launch games but I'm pretty sure Street Fighter IV 3D and Nintendogs and Cats will be on hand. Other titles due out this year are Pilotwings Resort, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (!), Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and new Madden and Ridge Racer games.

-There are still FRIEND CODES, the in game passwords of our generation, but at least there's only one universal code you need to remember.

-There's some pedometer that counts how many steps you take and the more you walk, the more coins you accumulate that can lead towards bonuses in games and the like

-Battery life is 3-5 hours (loul)

-Comes with AR cards, I guess they're just cards you use with the 3DS's camera to play games

I'm not getting this at launch to be honest, mostly because there are no titles I'm really interested in aside from OOT, and considering it's a 13 year old N64 game, well, that tells you all you need to know about Nintendo in 2011. Price is really lame too but what can you do.

Smash INC

It's more powerful than the Wii and has a no-glasses 3D screen, what can you do but charge more for that regardless of it being handheld.

Is it going to be £249.99 in the UK then?

Bryan

not entirely sure but I would assume it's around that price area, yeah.

Judge

Still haven't finished playing GBA games.  I still have first version DS with the GBA slot and it uses my CycloDS card just fine.

I'll get to this sometime in 2015