News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"Dead Island"

Started by Marq, February 19, 2011, 11:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg

Amazing how quick this trailer caught on fire -- it's seriously one of the most moving pieces of video game cinematics I've ever seen.

From what I've gathered, it's going to be a very emotional, dark, and engaging zombie experience -- a FPS with RPG elements and an emphasis on melee and customization. That true? I've never been a fan of the "Left for Dead" series and didn't really enjoy the tone of the second "Dead Rising" game, so maybe this is right up my alley.

Anyone else have thoughts?
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Kenfucius

The trailer was money, no denying that.

As for the game as a whole... haven't heard enough, but I'm tentatively hoping for big things.

Gary

Trailer looks fucking sweet, the music adds a lot to it.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

T-Bonizzle

Maybe we'll finally get the zombie game we deserve.

Fnord

I watched this like 3 times.  The trailer looks awesome.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Triple B

This trailer had 2 million views in the first 24 hours.

Also, they've already locked it up to be a movie.

That said, it actually got to ME.  The dad trying to save his little girl, the family going down against the hordes, desperately fighting against them.  Only thing I saw wrong with it was "Why is the little girl out in the hallway during a zombie attack?"

Other than that, it was pure genius.  Better than that Gears of War one from a couple years back with the "Mad World" song.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

T-Bonizzle

Kirk

The trailer looks pretty good but I'll reserve judgement until I know more about the gameplay. Is it going to be similar to Dead Rising?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

jagilki

from what I read more FPS, like Left 4 Dead

Midas

T-Bonizzle

From what I read it is a FPM. First Person Melee combat. There are other videos showing stills and concept gameplay from 2007 where you are wielding a tire iron or PVC pipe or a wrench.

Rob

Looks fantastic. I'm not much into first-person games like most zombie games are, but the trailer has me sold
SixersEagles

[/center]

Smash INC

The trailer isn't done by the studio that is making the game so that has me worried.

I heard the odd rumour about this a couple of years back and thought it turned into Left 4 Dead, but hey, Zombie-killing spree at a beach resort has me henshinning a-go-go baby!

Marq

From what I gathered, the game is a 4-player co-op and open-world style gaming. Not only is it going to be scary, but it's apparently going to play up the emotion of the affair, and not go down the route of silliness and cheeky winks to zombie nerds. Who wants to be in my party?!
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"