News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Glitch question

Started by Drama Queen, March 25, 2012, 10:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

Sometimes my 360 (which is only a couple of months old) turns itself off and ejects the game.

This has happened a few times, and with two seperate games. Both games were bought used.

Can anyone tell me if the problem is with the games (which I hope) or with the console itself.

I fail to se how a faulty disc can cause the console to turn itself off but I know fuck all about such things.

Judge

Sounds like it's overheating.  Was this a brand new model of a 360?

It used to be the red ring of death was caused by overheating.  Maybe now they just make it shut off.

Black Death

was the system on for a long time but you were not playing any games. You just left it on and was doing  other things .  It sounds like it going into power off mode after it been sitting idle for so long.

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Drama Queen

Quote from: Black Death on March 25, 2012, 12:56:43 PM
was the system on for a long time but you were not playing any games. You just left it on and was doing  other things .  It sounds like it going into power off mode after it been sitting idle for so long.

Nah, I was playing at the time.

Quote from: Judge Anger on March 25, 2012, 11:14:35 AM
Sounds like it's overheating.  Was this a brand new model of a 360?

It used to be the red ring of death was caused by overheating.  Maybe now they just make it shut off.

I bought it new, but yeah this answer makes sense to me. I guess when it does that I should leave it off for a while.

Black Death

you can buy a cooling system ... it about 20 bucks new at Gamestop... that should help
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

jagilki

Seems like a weird answer maybe, but....

A few weeks ago my Xbox for some random reason would just keep ejecting discs.  Put them in, read read eject.  Close, read read eject.

I unplugged it then plugged it back in and it was fixed.