News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Recommend a Video Card

Started by Gary, April 07, 2012, 03:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

I wanna buy a new video card for my PC but I seriously suck at knowing what a good one is. I don't want anything super expensive but something that will smoothly run a game.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Judge

Nvidia rules.  ATI drools.

There's your answer.

But seriously.  Anything around $100 will be an upgrade, probably.  Thought you haven't listed what you have now, so it's just a guess.

Gary

Nvidia Geoforce 7025/nvidia nforce 630a

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Black Death

Quote from: Judge Anger on April 07, 2012, 10:42:09 AM
Nvidia rules.  ATI drools.

There's your answer.

But seriously.  Anything around $100 will be an upgrade, probably.  Thought you haven't listed what you have now, so it's just a guess.

Trust judge in this anything in that price range is going to give your pc some serious horsepower
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Judge

Quote from: Gary on April 07, 2012, 01:24:50 PM
Nvidia Geoforce 7025/nvidia nforce 630a

Shit son, that's way outdated.

Just so you know, nforce is your motherboard chipset, so don't really worry about that.  You have 1 PCI-Express 16 slot, which is probably filled by your current card.  Are you using the stock power supply.  If so you'll probably not have enough juice to run a card that requires extra power, so get one that uses bus power only

The current series of Nvidia cards are the 600 series.  So last years models are the 500, and 400s year before, etc.  Yours is from 2007 or so.  Anyhow, anything in that series should work, as long as it'll fit in your computer and you have enough wattage to support it.